Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [REQUEST] Comcast Xfinity add-on or another way to view Comcast VOD via Kodi?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not looking for any applications that are illegal, stream pirated material, or do unauthorized installs into KODI.

However, i am a Comcast Xfinity subscriber, and while yes I can go to their website, it's a pain.

Is there any way to integrate Comcast's Xfinity service into KODI? Like, is there already an addon for that, or another add-on that would authenticate with my cable company to allow me to access channels that way?

Thank you so much for your help!
The xfinity android app uses drm on its hls stream, so while I can sign in and get the DRM tokens I have no way of playing the streams. The other approach is as you mentioned to stream from the network website and authenticate with Comcast, haven't gotten this working yet but its a little more viable than a pure xfinitu add-on since we can play the streams from most network sites. The issue here is that because of the multiple providers involved authentication is brokered by adobe. So signing into comcast I can do, but I haven't figured out how to validate with adobe that you are signed in and get the token back. There is an api used by the mobile apps that is promising but I haven't figured it out yet.
(2015-04-07, 17:38)slices Wrote: [ -> ]The xfinity android app uses drm on its hls stream, so while I can sign in and get the DRM tokens I have no way of playing the streams. The other approach is as you mentioned to stream from the network website and authenticate with Comcast, haven't gotten this working yet but its a little more viable than a pure xfinitu add-on since we can play the streams from most network sites. The issue here is that because of the multiple providers involved authentication is brokered by adobe. So signing into comcast I can do, but I haven't figured out how to validate with adobe that you are signed in and get the token back. There is an api used by the mobile apps that is promising but I haven't figured it out yet.

Any update on this, slices? This would be fantastic!

Love the work you do, by the way!
Adding sign in to USTV VOD is still the most viable route, are there specific shows/networks you are interested in.
I'd mostly use it for the news networks likes MSNBC, CNBC, etc. I'm not sure if live would work, but that would be great as well!