Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: udevadm trigger is not permitted while udev is unconfigured
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I ran a dist-upgrade on my kodi 14.1 box and got ¨udevadm trigger is not permitted while udev is unconfigured¨ flashing at the top really fast then busybox.

I fixed it by:
1. Boot liveCD
2. "sudo fdisk -l" to find your boot disk, in my case it is /dev/sda1.
3. "sudo mkdir /media/newroot"
4. "sudo mount /dev/sda1 /media/newroot", change sda1 to whatever your boot disk is.
5. "sudo chroot /media/newroot"
6. "ls /boot" to find your latest kenel. Mine was 3.13.0-48-generic. I also deleted initrd.img-3.14.2-amdfixes5+ , I don`t know if that was causing an issue or not so I just dropped it.
7. "sudo update-initramfs -u -k 3.13.0-48-generic"
8. reboot and smile.

Hope that helps someone. Credits go to: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1567147
Welcome to forums.

Would be great if you mark this as solved so its easy to see a solution is inside. Full edit main post and select it solved issue from left drop down menu. Smile
(2015-04-08, 14:07)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to forums.

Would be great if you mark this as solved so its easy to see a solution is inside. Full edit main post and select it solved issue from left drop down menu. Smile

Done
Thanks bro. works like a charm. Although didn't do the deletion of the initrd part.