Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ServerWMC Log Shows Remux Errors, how to fix?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last night I recorded two different shows from my antenna, through HDHomeRun Plus/WMC/ServerWMC and tried to view in Kodi, through ServerWMC/WMC. The recordings stop after only a few minutes. I didn't have a chance to look into the problem, or to pull the Kodi log last night (which would now be a mile long), though I do have the ServerWMC log:

http://pastebin.com/ZXpGbiJE (The problems start around 20:02.)

I realize this isn't a Kodi issue, but would appreciate some advice as to who to turn to. (Is it an HDHomeRun Plus remux error, or a Microsoft remux error, or something to do with ServerWMC?) Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
In the log it looks like the errors are due to the recording just abruptly stopping, which would be a wmc error. You should be able to to check the wmc log to see why the recordings were terminated early.
(2015-04-10, 17:31)krustyreturns Wrote: [ -> ]In the log it looks like the errors are due to the recording just abruptly stopping, which would be a wmc error. You should be able to to check the wmc log to see why the recordings were terminated early.

Thanks for pointing me in a direction. I looked at the event log for the Media Center and both recordings say they started and stopped as scheduled, with no errors noted.

Any other suggestions?
That is strange that wmc didn't know the recording ended early. Is this happening when you are watching a live-tv stream and then decide to record it, so you hit the 'record' button? Or were these scheduled to record ahead of time?

What is the default transcode profile set on your tuner?
Thanks so much for your assistance...

Both programs were scheduled to record ahead of time, though I started watching one of the recordings shortly after it started (which lasted a couple of minutes before it died).

The default transcode profile is set to "heavy", with DLNA Format set to "Advertise 60fps AVC (heavy devices)".

When I went into the HDHomeRun Setup, I discovered that there was a firmware upgrade available, from April 6 (which I have now installed).

Even if HDHR screwed up, shouldn't WMC have recognized that it was no longer receiving a feed?
Yes, you would think it would but I don't know for sure. A user reported in the past having trouble (can't recall what it was) with the transcode profile turned on. Anyway, see what happens with the firmware upgrade first.
No problems, so far. I'll open a new topic, if something comes up again.

Thanks so much for your help!