Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: test run with exotic encoding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I simply love Kodi. It works like a charm... Except for the likes of some anime: 1080p 10-bit FLAC.
Sony Z2 tablet quad-core 2.3GHz 3GB ram android 4.4.4 crashed kodi with these files.
The thing is VLC decoded perfectly, vĂ­deos were fluid, definitely watchable.
Kodi is still the best though. Nod
Well, very few android h/w decoders (if any) support h264 10bits, and depending on the SoC, the outcome ranges from purplish artefacts to crashes.
Did you try with s/w decoding only?

If it still crashes, please PM me a sample.
Yeah, thanks mate! Kodi can read the files now flawlessly using software acceleration. Much obliged. I tried HEVC also... Simply brilliant. Thx again. Superb coding! Big Grin

P.S.: is there a way to press the "O" key on an android device, like Windows, and access the performance monitor?
The same file played on Windows 7 with hardware and software acceleration, maybe it's an android issue?
i3 Haswell 3.4GHz 8GB ram 1080p did not drop frames and cpu use was about the same.

EDIT: using "CPU Monitor Advanced - Free with ads" app it recorded kodi's activity: cpu maxed 81% (avg 61%) and memory maxed at 285MB available.
EDIT2: using "Android Assistant" app killed all processes and quick-boosted memory to 1.4GB available and monitored again kodi's activity: cpu maxed 67% (avg 49%) memory 284MB. Even better! Long live Kodi for android!