Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ListItem.Thumb <-> ListItem.Art(thumb) difference
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Brainfart question..... O_o

ListItem.Thumb <-> ListItem.Art(thumb)

Do these info labels always contain the same artwork? Or can one of them be empty even if the other one has an value?
If i'm not wrong it was added to separate Banners, Thumbnails, Posters especially for TV Shows.

For example: Choosing ListItem.Thumb on TV Show Level, let's say the user decides to set banners, you have no control about it. So a Banner will look crap in a poster layout.

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong Smile
Yep, but it doesn't solve my question if ListItem.Thumb is always the same as ListItem.Art(thumb) or one of them can be empty Smile

I totally confused myself ^^
iirc ListItem.Thumb is deprecated Smile
(2015-04-10, 18:04)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]iirc ListItem.Thumb is deprecated Smile

In summary: ListItem.Art(thumb) replaced ListItem.Thumb and it's only still available for compatiblity reasons.

Understood, thx Smile

Will add a note to the wiki if noone corrects me in the next few hours.
From memory ListItem.Thumb shows the same art as ListItem.Icon
The point of difference is that ListItem.Thumb doesn't fallback to the default png (e.g. DefaultVideo.png) in the base media directory like ListItem.Icon does

It can be useful if you want to use a different fallback than the default ListItem.Icon uses.
Yep yep, I know.

I just wasn't sure if Art(thumb) can be filled with an different image as Thumb by an addon or whatever.
Ah nevermind. I hardly ever use Art(thumb) so I think I must have had the same confusion that prompted the question in the first place -- thinking that it might provide an actual thumbnail rather than poster in some content scenarios...