Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-07-27, 00:13)J_E_F_F Wrote: [ -> ]I just did a bunch of testing on my own Pi2. It seems this is no longer the case Smile
I achieved my fastest result with a Core of 500 and SDHOST at 100

Yes, it was fixed by PR:4200 in build #0616 - now you don't need to use force_turbo=1 to maximise sdhost performance as io_is_busy is enabled by default.

There are some benchmarks and a small benchmarking script in the release post for build #0515.
My Openelec boots straight into Kodi, so if I go to a PC and type the Kodi ip adress I get a Kodi window up with a window up top? I cannot see the file structure for Openelec to copy the tar file into the Updates folder?

Is this possible?

Malk
enable ssh and use sftp client

usern- root
pass - openelec

or you can use samba, but i have never used it so i cant help, i think you just open the ip in windows explorer (not ie)
(2015-07-27, 18:19)Malkthalk Wrote: [ -> ]My Openelec boots straight into Kodi, so if I go to a PC and type the Kodi ip adress I get a Kodi window up with a window up top? I cannot see the file structure for Openelec to copy the tar file into the Updates folder?

Is this possible?

Malk

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1989401

Note the backslashes (\\) before the IP address.
Please do not know why I'm not in the OSD menu when playing video info button. I have openelec kodi 15 rpi2.Moc thank you for your answer and for a great motive.
(2015-07-31, 10:39)andel61 Wrote: [ -> ]Please do not know why I'm not in the OSD menu when playing video info button. I have openelec kodi 15 rpi2.Moc thank you for your answer and for a great motive.

Wrong thread
(2015-06-19, 16:06)CinĂ¡ed Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,

since Build #0618 my Hifiberry Digi is no longer working (i'm not able to choose it as my audio output device).

dmesg shows this:
snd-hifiberry-digi: sound: ASoC: CPU DAI (null) not registered
snd-hifiberry-digi: sound: snd_soc_register_card() failed: -517
snd-hifiberry-digi: sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI wm8804-spdif not registered
snd-hifiberry-digi: sound: snd_soc_register_card() failed: -517

After i downgrade to #0617 everything is working again (thy Pi detects the Digi and i can choose it as my audio output device).

How can i help to track down the problem?

I just installed today Beta 5.95.3 (http://releases.openelec.tv/OpenELEC-RPi...5.3.img.gz)
and have the same problem. Hifiberry digi is not recognized. I have a Raspberry Pi 1 model B.

Any idea?

Regards
(2015-08-01, 20:22)escastle Wrote: [ -> ]Any idea?

Wrong thread.
(2015-08-02, 02:48)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-01, 20:22)escastle Wrote: [ -> ]Any idea?

Wrong thread.

Sorry. I posted here because the same issue (hifiberry digi not working) has already been discussed in this thread.

Should I open a new thread?
(2015-08-02, 11:29)escastle Wrote: [ -> ]Should I open a new thread?

When discussing non-test builds, that would be best.

You could try the last test build in this thread as that may include the fix your require (and which should be in the next OE6 release), I never really got clarity on that.
I original reported it this in the beta 3 thread, fixed in beta 4 (or whatever next release is:-))
I just tested the latest build available (build 701), and so far I'm quite happy with OpenElec running on my Raspberry Pi 2, with TVHeadend

I do have a performance issue however: when playing back a MKV MVC file (High L4.1, max bitrate 35Mbps, audio DTS-HD ), I have a relatively low framerate (I would say about 15fps).

Pi is connected through wired gigabit ethernet to a NAS with quite a sufficient bitrate capability.

Is this the combination of DTS-HD and MVC which is causing this performance problem ?

Thanks and regards
(2015-08-26, 16:52)VincentNguyen Wrote: [ -> ]Is this the combination of DTS-HD and MVC which is causing this performance problem ?

It's been fine for me when I've tested. What is cpu usage like when playing these files?
Does disabling "8 channel DTS HD" in system/audio settings help?
That was a fast answer, thanks for that

So this is very odd, I tested again, and I don't see the issue anymore
CPU usage is at 20% with HD audio enabled, 15% with HD audio disabled

In case I see the issue again I will quickly look at the CPU load
Just a thought: could this be linked to using internal Kodi share (ie SMB I assume) vs NFS share ?

See this link: http://forum.osmc.tv/showthread.php?tid=16239

Although that does not quite explain why it seems random (ie I got the issue then it's gone)