Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artwork Is Downloaded - Must Be Selected - Won't Auto Load
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I will try to clarify.

All of my content is refreshed. I've used artwork downloader and have all of my artwork neatly organized into each movie's respective folder.

The problem is, it seems like it takes forever for the artwork to load up the FIRST TIME. After that, it's very quick. That leads me to think that it's trying to store the images locally rather than just viewing them off of the NAS? All of my movies and artwork are on a NAS so all the client devices around the house can read them.

With that said, am I doing something wrong? I want each client device to read everything, including artwork off of the NAS. I'm only guessing by the nature of how this is working that that's now how it's working. Is there a way for me to check?

Thoughts?
To add to this, it appears this issue is not happening on all clicent devices.

Surprisingly, the Raspberry Pi in one room is very quick with image loads.

The PC in the office where I do most of my work is the one that takes seconds before loading up an image. Once the image is loaded, it's extremely quick. It seems like the Pi is reading from the NAS while the PC is attempting to store the images locally and read from there.

Both client devices have identical advancedsettings.xml files.

I don't have anything set for path subs so I don't know what the standard image search procedure is.

Ideally, I'd like to store ALL images on the NAS, even if each device had to have their own unique folders to avoid conflict in resolutions based on certain devices showing certain images due to size, resolution constraints.

Any idea what might be happening and how to go about achieving ultimate unity amongst devices? Angel