Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KODI Vid Add On issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I am new to the World of KODI but have some IT tech expertise so thought this would all be straight forward!

Bought an Amazon Fire TV today, successfully installed Kodi 14.0. Added super repo, and with that added a few addons.

They all open, but for example as soon as I try to load a movie I get an error "Scipt Failed!"

I then decided to roll back to XBMC 13 and still the same.

I have now gone back to Kodi 14.0 but still the same issue.

I bet it is a silly mistake I have made but anyone that can help me I will really appreciate that!
(2015-04-12, 00:17)whosagooner Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

I am new to the World of KODI but have some IT tech expertise so thought this would all be straight forward!

Bought an Amazon Fire TV today, successfully installed Kodi 14.0. Added super repo, and with that added a few addons such as genesis, 1 Channel and Navi X.

They all open, but for example as soon as I hit "Genres" in Genesis I get an error "Scipt Failed!"

I bet it is a silly mistake I have made but anyone that can help me I will really appreciate that!

Try installing Kodi 14.2 Helix, Genesis running smoothly on that for me atm.

Bought an Amazon Fire TV today, successfully installed Kodi 14.0. Added super repo, and with that added a few addons such as genesis, 1 Channel and Navi X.

They all open, but for example as soon as I hit "Genres" in Genesis I get an error "Scipt Failed!"

Please read forum rules (wiki)
(2015-04-12, 00:19)DickoTheGeordie Wrote: [ -> ]

Try installing Kodi 14.2 Helix, Genesis running smoothly on that for me atm.

Done that and still the same. Once a new add on is enabled do I have to do something? like restart Fire TV?
(2015-04-12, 00:50)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]

Please read forum rules (wiki)

Hi, sorry I mentioned a banned add on. But I am having problems with all add ons. Would you like me to edit out the name from my original post?
Yes, then post a debug log (wiki) showing the error with a legal addon.
If you find no good answer try the following, uninstall kodi completely (including preferences) open a new user in windows with a simple name like Kodi, Login to the new user and install from there. Make sure the new user has admin privileges...
(2015-04-12, 22:46)Rafalovitch.tom Wrote: [ -> ]If you find no good answer try the following, uninstall kodi completely (including preferences) open a new user in windows with a simple name like Kodi, Login to the new user and install from there. Make sure the new user has admin privileges...

Hi, thanks for this. I'm using Fire TV not windows
(2015-04-12, 22:52)whosagooner Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-12, 22:46)Rafalovitch.tom Wrote: [ -> ]If you find no good answer try the following, uninstall kodi completely (including preferences) open a new user in windows with a simple name like Kodi, Login to the new user and install from there. Make sure the new user has admin privileges...

Hi, thanks for this. I'm using Fire TV not windows

Got the same thing from several add-ons and repositories. Possibly blocked in the UK. I uninstalled them and suggest you do the same.

There are some that work. For Sports, for example, you might need to download the plug-in and install the Zip file from your share, rather than try to do in on your box.

I suggest you Google rather than ask here as many of the more interesting plug-ins veer into banned territory.

You should be running 14.2 on your AFTV. Check out the guides at AFTVnews for help. ADBfire is a must. You can update, uninstall, reinstall and push remote tweaks, etc.