Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Food Network Video Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Yup. It's broken again. I'll get an update out in a day or two. The website keeps changing the past few weeks.
Thanks for checking it out!

It will be worth the wait.
Version 3.0.11 fixes current issues.
A pull request has been issued for the kodi.org repo.
The add-on should update within a few days.
Thanks, @learningit. Seems to be working with the update!
Wonderful! Working again. Thank you very much for your time and expertise.
hi. im pretty new to this kodi. i have installed kodi on my firestick and the food network add on but when i open it there is no playlist showing. aby help would be great thanks
A forced update to KODI V 18 has rendered the Food Network, Cooking Channel, and FOX addons unusable.

I know this was NOT the fault of the addons but thought it should be mentioned.

These are all addons from the Official KODI repository so KODI should play nice with them but here is the issue.

On an NVIDA Shield, I got a forced automatic update to V18. Immediately the 3 addons mentioned above all exhibited the same issues. 

Upon launching a show, it will play for approx 5-15 seconds then freeze with no indication that it is paused or waiting for more data to be streamed. Sometimes it will start to play again but then a few seconds later it will freeze. Other times KODI just kicks back to the previous screen where that show had been launched.

On my Raspberry Pi which fortunately did not do an auto-update, all those 3 addons still work perfectly.
I don't have the same experience. All the add-ons you mention work fine on my Android TV, Windows and Fire TV.
Working fine for me now too. My issue turned out to be unotelly. Once got rid its all fine.

Thanks for all the hard work its very much appreciated.
FOX, Food Network, Cooking Channel still not working on NVIDIA shield after forced update. Still working fine on Raspberry Pi.

On numerous YouTube videos on the web I am not the only once experiencing this with Official Kodi addons on an Android/NVIDIA Shield with the update forced, I am assuming, by the Google Play store.

Play for 5-15 seconds then freeze.

So I tried to install another addon from the Official KODI repository, DIY Network same problem.
Post a debug log. Pretty sure it has nothing to do with the add-ons, but it will be a starting place for others to find the problem.
Went back to Kodi 17.6 and the freezing problem went away for all apps.
(2019-02-17, 00:51)wurlizer1928 Wrote: [ -> ]As of 5/11 many of the shows I usually view DDD, Good eats... have 1 or 0 shows listed. Usually this happens a few days into a month then a good list pops up. One of my favorite addons so I hope it is not being abandoned. If so, thanks for all the past efforts.
I am having experiencing similar limited videos.  For example, if I go to food network's website on my computer, the entire season 11 can be streamed for free.  If I look on Kodi, only the last episode of season 11 appears.  A debug log is here:
https://pastebin.com/BawYjpJP

Let me know if I can provide any other information
(2015-04-12, 16:52)learningit Wrote: [ -> ]There doesn't seem to be a release thread for the Food Network Addon, so here it is.

Version 2.1.7 fixes the addon to work with the revised website as of 4/12/2015. I previously thought that you would need a cable id to access content and once again, I'm wrong.

There is a change in the addon settings to allow selection of SD/HD for video resolution.
Note that while all the videos I looked at have SD, not all have HD, so I select the best I can find. For example some episodes of "Chopped" only have 480p videos even when HD is set. If you're seeing nothing but SD videos, you may want to check the video resolution is set to HD.

The new version has been submitted to the kodi.org repo.
Is it possible to have this add-on play videos at 1080p instead of 720p? I've checked around in the settings for this add-on and also the settings for VideoPlayer InputStream, but I couldn't really find a way to change the resolution. I couldn't find anything like that in the Food Network addon's settings, and I've already got the VideoPlayer InputStream add-on set to 1080p, yet the Food Network add-on only plays videos in 720p. Is this a limitation of the Food Network add-on or does the Food Network only provide (fiscally) free access to 720p videos?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8