Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [OUT OF DATE] PseudoTV Live Skins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
THIS THREAD IS OUTDATED! PLEASE REFER TO THE NEW THREAD CREATED BY TROMY: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=260177
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working Skins Post #1 > http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1982468

Titian
Metropolis New
Simply
Nix
Skye

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Work In Progress Post #2 > http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1982469

krave's unnamed first skin

How to Install Custom Skins

1) Get the skin files - In most cases it will be in zip format. For example Github links have a "Download Zip" on the side of the page.
2) Extract the files inside the zip file
3) Close Kodi/PTVL if it is open
4) Place the extracted files in the PTVL custom skin folder - The files that should be placed here should include several files and folders such as 720p and media. If those files are inside another folder ie a folder named after the skin, move them from that folder and put them in the skin folder itself.
5) Open Kodi
6) Go to PTVL settings > Visual
7) Set skin to custom and save
8) Start PTVL
9) Enjoy your new skin and give thanks/rep to the creator!

Where is PTVL's Custom Skin Folder? ****Changes Pending****

Linux >> ~/.kodi/addons/script.pseudotv.live/resources/skins/Custom

Windows >> C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.pseudotv.live\resources\skins\Custom

Mac OS X >> /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.pseudotv.live/resources/skins/Custom

Openelec >> /storage/.kodi/addons/script.pseudotv.live/resources/skins/Custom

iOS >> /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/addons/script.pseudotv.live/resources/skins/Custom

Android >> Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.pseudotv.live/resources/skins/Custom
OR /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.pseudotv.live/resources/skins/Custom

Note: In many cases these folders may be hidden by your OS. For example the entire ".kodi" folder is hidden in most Linux distros. In Openelec you have to manually go to the storage/ folder and type "/.kodi" to access the addons.

PTV skins that need to be updated for PTVL >> https://github.com/Lunatixz/PseudoTV_Skins

WORKING SKINS

Titian
(2015-03-11, 23:51)tromy Wrote: [ -> ]Custom skin "Titian" updated and fixed minor bugs
Anyone can found it on Github: https://github.com/tromyl/Skin_Titian

Screenshots:

watch gallery

Metropolis
(2015-04-16, 14:39)tromy Wrote: [ -> ]For anyone using the amazing skin "Metropolis",here is an update of the classic pseudo tv skin,including all the goodies of PLTV(video window,artwork,logos,sidebar..)
You can use it now as all custom skins.

Metropolis PLTV skin: https://github.com/tromyl/PLTV-Metropolis-skin

watch gallery

Simply
(2015-04-11, 19:56)tromy Wrote: [ -> ]Here is "Simply" skin.It's a light skin containing just the basics.I updated from an old custom pseudo tv skin made by @Barney stinsen.
You can find it among with my other custom skins: https://github.com/tromyl

OVERLAY

EPG

Nix
(2015-04-04, 12:44)tromy Wrote: [ -> ]Custom skin "Nix" updated.Fixed minor bugs and changed some artwork images.If anybody likes it can download from git:

https://github.com/tromyl/Nix-skin

watch gallery

Skye
(2015-03-12, 15:21)RayW1986 Wrote: [ -> ]Skin Release: Skye
Version: 1.0
Download: http://www.speedyshare.com/Vq32W/Skye.rar

Notes: This skin is based on the British satellite provider, Sky. This is a no-thrills skin, meant for those that don't care/need art work, logo's, etc.

Main Menu

Info Overlay

Opinions, improvements, and criticism welcome, as always.... This is my first skin for PTVL, so I'm almost sure there will be issues or mistakes that I haven't noticed. Feel free to point them out to me so I can correct them. Smile
Work in Progress

krave's first skin
(2015-04-13, 07:26)krave Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, this is my first skin for PseudoTV and XBMC, I'm a graphic designer so I'm trying to make it really clean and modern, I'm thinking I will go more with a material design (think Android phones & modern apps). Currently it is a work in progress but here it is so far.

Note: I've also used the theme suggestion in a few pages back for this idea, so hopefully it's something you all would enjoy.

My goals:
  • Provide all PSD (Photoshop) source files for the background screens so others can edit the colors
  • Create custom logos similar to the HBO one that match the EPG very well and provide PSD source files so you can make your own logos.

Also, this theme is being built using the BOX Kodi theme. I love the font on it and overall it's a very great skin that would go well with this.

Actually I do have some questions on skinning...

1-Is there anyway to change the font sizes in a PseudoTV Skin or is this setting 100% overridden by the KODI Theme?
2-Is there anyway to position the Time Bar on the guide?

Thanks!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Present state of TV Guide screen:

And the SHOWINFO screen still hasn't been modified at all, it uses the default PTVL layout so I'm going to really focus on that tonight:

Here is my question to you all, do you like the Channel Icons / Listing Backgrounds from the original Pic I posted last night or the new ones in the above photo?
Reserve #3.
thanks for doing this!!! so much better than going through the original thread looking for working skins!
(2015-04-14, 14:25)azrael17 Wrote: [ -> ]Skye
(2015-03-12, 15:21)RayW1986 Wrote: [ -> ]Skin Release: Skye
Version: 1.0
Download: http://www.speedyshare.com/Vq32W/Skye.rar

Notes: This skin is based on the British satellite provider, Sky. This is a no-thrills skin, meant for those that don't care/need art work, logo's, etc.

It's not that I didn't care for artwork or logos, I just really like the performance I get with this skin and as long as I have shows in my library from obscure networks, having a text channel makes sense so as to create a bit more consistent look.
This thread is a great idea!
Agreed, this is a great thread! I do have a question though. I tried both Metropolis and Titian and neither look like the ones in the screen shot. In fact, Metropolis has missing borders, descriptions, and things like the time, weather, and video box are in wrong places. Any thoughts? Is there a 'base' metropolis I should be copying first?
@Chambers

Tromy is probably the best one to answer this, but if you summarize how you installed it and your setup maybe I can help a bit.

1) Did you use the github links?
2) Did you extract everything to the Custom folder or did you extract the skin folder into the custom folder?
3) Do you have any other custom skin files still in your custom folder that could be interfering?
4) Did you reboot Kodi/PTVL?
5) Is PTVL up-to-date?
6) Did you read the README in the skin folder you downloaded?
7) Did you try re-downloading the zip from the github?

It sounds like either you are missing some files, or have older skin files that are interfering with the skin.
(2015-04-17, 14:33)azrael17 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-17, 14:23)Chambers Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed, this is a great thread! I do have a question though. I tried both Metropolis and Titian and neither look like the ones in the screen shot. In fact, Metropolis has missing borders, descriptions, and things like the time, weather, and video box are in wrong places. Any thoughts? Is there a 'base' metropolis I should be copying first?

Tromy is probably the best one to answer this, but if you summarize how you installed it and your setup maybe I can help a bit.

1) Did you use the github links?
2) Did you extract everything to the Custom folder or did you extract the skin folder into the custom folder?
3) Do you have any other custom skin files still in your custom folder that could be interfering?
4) Did you reboot Kodi/PTVL?
5) Is PTVL up-to-date?
6) Did you read the README in the skin folder you downloaded?
7) Did you try re-downloading the zip from the github?

It sounds like either you are missing some files, or have older skin files that are interfering with the skin.

Thanks, here's what I did;

1. Clicked the github link, then clicked download zip
2. Extracted everything into the Custom folder so it looks like this;
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.pseudotv.live\resources\skins\Custom
- 720p
- media
3. Nope, I deleted everything in there
4. I did restart, in fact I extracted with Kodi already closed. I even tried rebooting my entire PC
5. Yup, clean install of Kodi and PTVL
6. I don't see a readme
7. Yep

Really confusing why with a fresh install this would happen... I won't even go into that after installing PTVL (again fresh Kodi install) that every time I exit out of Kodi it crashes.
@Chambers

Hmm, strange. Sounds like you did everything right so there shouldn't be a problem. Only thing I can think of is that something changed in the code and tromy hasn't gotten the chance to update the skins yet.

I'm away from home right now so I can't test it for myself. Has anyone else had these problems? Or could anyone try to replicate them?
(2015-04-17, 14:23)Chambers Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed, this is a great thread! I do have a question though. I tried both Metropolis and Titian and neither look like the ones in the screen shot. In fact, Metropolis has missing borders, descriptions, and things like the time, weather, and video box are in wrong places. Any thoughts? Is there a 'base' metropolis I should be copying first?
1.Do you use Metropolis skin in Kodi?As I said "PLTV Metropolis skin" is a custom skin for users who use "Metropolis" skin under Kodi and when they use PseudoLive TV don't want to lose the "feeling" of their skin.
2.Can you upload a picture of Titian to see your issues?

Thanks
(2015-04-17, 16:10)tromy Wrote: [ -> ]
1.Do you use Metropolis skin in Kodi?As I said "PLTV Metropolis skin" is a custom skin for users who use "Metropolis" skin under Kodi and when they use PseudoLive TV don't want to lose the "feeling" of their skin.
2.Can you upload a picture of Titian to see your issues?

Thanks

Ahh, I guess I didn't really understand what you meant there. I was trying Metropolis on the confluence skin. I just changed to Metropolis and tried the Metropolis PTVL skin and it's all working now. Sorry about that Smile

2. Just checked Titian PTVL skin with Metropolis Kodi Skin and seems to look fine now. It was only doing it with Amber and Confluence.

I guess I'm just stuck with using the default PTVL skin cause I use the Amber Kodi skin (because it is integrated with the PleXMBC plugin) cause I use Plex as my backend database and the wife and kids know how to use it Smile
Code:
[*] Moved "Custom" skin folder location to 'userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv.live/customskin'.

Skin directory is changing per changelog, although there are reports that it is currently not working and that the previous directory still works if created manually (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1993289).

I will update the first post to reflect the changes once it is confirmed that the new directory is working as it should.
(2015-04-29, 20:07)azrael17 Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:
[*] Moved "Custom" skin folder location to 'userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv.live/customskin'.

Skin directory is changing per changelog, although there are reports that it is currently not working and that the previous directory still works if created manually (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1993289).

I will update the first post to reflect the changes once it is confirmed that the new directory is working as it should.

Point of clarification, the new directory name seems to be active just not the new location so (at least in my case) I created the directory in the old location and had to name it customskin before it was recognized as such. If people are creating the old 'custom' directory in the old location and it's still not working try renaming to customskin and see if it will work then.
Pages: 1 2 3