Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fire TV, IR Remote, Harmony 650: Info and Context buttons finally Working!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all!

After getting the FireTV and installing Kodi, I was disappointed that the MCE remote I was using with Kodi on my Revo 3610 didn't work via the USB on the FireTV. I then read that the ORTEK remote and IR receiver works, so bought it (very cheap). Then I mapped the Ortek remote to my Harmony 650, only to find out that the Show Info and Context Menu buttons could not be mapped properly. Mapping the right mouse button from the Ortek to the Context Menu button does not work.

I use the Info/Context buttons extensively in Kodi btw, so despite all the other things mapping, not having these was super annoying.

So here is what I did, after a bit of research; it is now working awesome.

----------
Step 1.

Using My Harmony, remap the Show Info button ("Info" button on Harmony) using the Rewind button (from Ortek), and the Context Menu button ("Guide" button on Harmony) to the Fast-Forward button (from Ortek).

These two buttons (Ortek) don't do anything on the Fire TV or Kodi it seems.

Step 2.

Install the "Keymap Editor" Add-on on Kodi.
-Launch the Addon
-Edit
-Global
-Navigation

We want to remap the following 2 buttons:
Entry: Show Info (currently mapped to "d")
Entry: Context Menu (currently mapped to "c")

So, click each entry from the Kodi menu, Edit, then click the respective buttons on the Harmony 650:
i (info) button for Show Info (after remapping, Kodi shows 61636 beside this button mapping instead of d)
Guide button for Context Menu (after remapping, Kodi shows 61637 beside this button mapping instead of d)

Back, back, SAVE before exiting the addon. I restarted Kodi, don't know if you need to.

Works perfect!

If someone has posted this solution, apologies, I really didn't search for it on here.
Thanks for the info, im in the same boat with a Harmony 600. Ill try this out when i get home.
Cool, let me know if it worked for you! Smile