Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AFTV - Keymap editing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I have changed a few bits on the keymap to my liking but there is one thing I would like to change! I have it so that the back button on the Fire TV remote to toggle Fullscreen using the FullScreen action. However when a video is playing, and I have the menu superimposed over the playing video, is there an action I can assign to a button on the remote that will bring the video back to full screen? Rather than going into the tab on the left side, then selecting the FullScreen option?

Can this be done? I have looked at the two other buttons on the remote, but I now know that they can't be touched as they are for the Fire TV OS only!

Thank you very much!
You can use Add-on:Commands (wiki). The add-on allows you to map one button to launch the add-on, and then the add-on gives you a menu of options to choose from. It basically allows you to use one button for multiple things, giving you a customizable menu for that button.
(2015-04-16, 15:32)upandcumming Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!

I have changed a few bits on the keymap to my liking but there is one thing I would like to change! I have it so that the back button on the Fire TV remote to toggle Fullscreen using the FullScreen action. However when a video is playing, and I have the menu superimposed over the playing video, is there an action I can assign to a button on the remote that will bring the video back to full screen? Rather than going into the tab on the left side, then selecting the FullScreen option?

Can this be done? I have looked at the two other buttons on the remote, but I now know that they can't be touched as they are for the Fire TV OS only!

Thank you very much!

Here's my keyboard.xml

It will do what you want.

In Video, the Menu button toggles the Video Menu, which gives you subtitle, sync options etc. In Music, it toggles the info/visualiser/file list. Rewind gives you the context menu. It could do with a couple more tweaks, when I get around to it, but it's much more usable than what you have now.

Upload it with Adbfire (remote).

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<menu>FullScreen</menu>
<rewind>ContextMenu</rewind>
</keyboard>
</global>
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<menu>ActivateWindow(10124)</menu>
<rewind>rewind</rewind>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

There's nothing you can do about the Home button. I hit it accidentally so often I'd like to gouge it out with a screwdriver. You can launch Android apps from the File Manager, incidentally. Favourites is your friend.