Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: One Video source, multiple media locations without duplicates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI Kodi Smile

I am using mysql to share Movies and TV shows libraries accros Windows, iPhone, and Android.
My problem short: I want one video source example(TV) to have multiple media locations, all pointing to the same locations, but not duplicate entries in the library.

More detailed(kinda hard to explain):

I want and are be able to play my media from not only from the local network but also over internet and it is working fine when i use HTTP for videosource media location.
example: "http://*****.asuscomm.com:9999/media/TV"
This doesn't work to good when my Android(minix) is updating the library(slow) and does not work with Watchdog either.

I have also set up NFS for the same shares and want to use it local for updating the library as the path is exactly the same, just not the same protocol.
example: "nfs://192.168.1.180/c/media/TV"
This works fast when updating, and Watchdog also updates live whenever something is added to the directory.
The problem here is that if I just use this source, it doesn't work when outside the local network.

Is it possible to have like a primary source, then a fallback source of some sort. Or any other way to solve this?
I have tried adding both to the Video source media location, but then the library just duplicates all the entries and doesn't understand its the same media..

Appreciate all inputs Smile
bump. anyone? or is it not possible?
I am curious - did you find any solutions for this?
Your best option, may be another client to serve outside your lan. For example, I use Kodi on lan, and plex for off lan.
Essentially, these devices need to have the same path/serve method for any given source, no matter if you add multiple locations for TV shows or Movies.

For instance, if you add a SMB source and a NFS source for the a TV Shows you will see duplicates, this is because smb//somepath/file.ext and nfs://somepath/file.ext is not same even if the content is.
Especially when using MYSQL since then everything is being stored and shared across and all paths are stored also.

Afaik, you can have multiple protocols for any given source type (TV shows, Movies, Music) but not different protocols for same source content (same TV show, movie, Music), across devices in a mysql environment and source setup your propose.

Hope this helps some.