Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Wrong mapping of special://home/ on FireTV and FireTV Stick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm currently using Kodi 14.2 on a FireTV and FireTV Stick (both running the latest firmware).

I noticed that the special folder mapping "special://home/" points to a non existing directory "/storage/emulated/0/...",
as also noted in the log:

Code:
NOTICE: special://home/ is mapped to: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi

Because of this, f.e. downloading a subtitle does not work, as the downloader tries to save the file in the directory which does not exist.
The correct directory pointing to should be "/storage/emulated/legacy/...".

Currently, as workaround I use a substitution rule in the advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<pathsubstitution>
        <substitute>
            <from>special://home/</from>
            <to>/storage/emulated/legacy/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi</to>
        </substitute>

This does work, meaning Kodi starts normally and the subtitle downloading also works fine. But I don't really like to put such a hardcoded path as substitution rule, as it may change in upcoming firmwares.

Is this a known bug? Is there a place where I can set the correct mapping?

Greets,
cyb
I noticed when using my workaround mentioned above, my other substitutions like the one for the sources do not work any more.
I've mapped them like this.
Code:
        <substitute>
            <from>special://profile/sources.xml</from>
            <to>smb://192.168.yyy.xxx/xbmc/sync/sources.xml</to>
        </substitute>

So, no one any other idea how to fix the root problem, which is the wrong mapping of special://home?? Can someone at least confirm the error?
I've seen that issue on a bunch of boxes. Not sure if it's a firmware bug of sorts, but "/storage/emulated/0" is what is given by the OS when we request "external storage".
Another workaround is to use HOW-TO:Change_settings_folder_for_Android (wiki)
Thanks for the suggestion! It actually seems to work, the mapping of the special://home is corrected and also the sources of the advancedsettings.xml are working. But unfortunately, the subtitle download still fails, causing following error:

Code:
18:57:35 T:1737726088   ERROR: void CGUIDialogSubtitles::OnDownloadComplete(const CFileItemList*, const string&) - Saving of subtitle /storage/emulated/legacy/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/XXX/temp/XXX.srt to special://temp/videoplayback.XX.srt failed

I double checked the directories and they both exist, so I don't know why the download fails.

The weird thing is, when I use the above mentioned substitution rule instead, the download works fine! But as pointed out, the sources don't work.

Any idea?
Full debug log (wiki) please.
I did some further investigation and it turned out, that the problem is my path substitution for "special://profile/addon_data/". I've added this substitution, because I wanted all my Kodi clients to use the same addon settings.

If I disable the substitution, everything works fine, even without remapping of the "special://home/" at all (so it still points to /storage/emulated/0/ although it does not exist).

Weird things...