Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: A novel idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How about a feature that could interrupt your movie or tv show at certain intervals, and play old adverts from a special folder, at random? (ie 60 or 70's or 80's - whatever your preference)... or even automatically set to the era/year of the film? For that truly authentic retro feel!

As someone who records tv in order to skip ads, it may seem bizzare, but I think it would be a lot of fun Smile
i find that bizarre indeed - might fit into the cinema experience addon (it can play ads prior the main movie)
an add-on should be able to do this just fine. It could run in background while a movie is playing and inject commercials every now and then. And if you feel like simmulating a DRM protected TV channel (like the friggin HD+ stuff available in Germany) you can even prevent pausing the movie (timeshift) and skipping of commercials Wink
There are also people who like to being hit and hurt during le sexy time, so why not Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

+1 that this would fit perfectly to cinema experience addon, you should place your request in the addon thread:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=87563
I disagree about it fitting perfectly to the cinema experience add-on... You don't get ads played during the feature presentation at the cinema. I think a new "retro-TV experience" add-on is requiredWink
agreed, doesn't fit to cinema experience
What about the Rank & Dean adverts before the movie started, like your local Chinese/Indian takeaway, local garage to get repairs etc from the high street, always thought they were cheesy but funny.

Edit: Getting mixed up, think it was Pearl & Dean.
These young kids forget about intermissions!
This is the MOST bizarre suggestion I have seen. WHYHuhHuhHuh Arrgggggggghhhhhh nooooooo.

I got into media pc's via wanting a PVR so I could skip the ads.
(2015-04-19, 22:41)Vidman Wrote: [ -> ]I disagree about it fitting perfectly to the cinema experience add-on... You don't get ads played during the feature presentation at the cinema. I think a new "retro-TV experience" add-on is requiredWink

Maybe give LazyTV the ability to insert randomly selected commercials from a specific pool of files between each episode in it's generated playlist? That said, it sounds like a pretty niche desire, you'd have trouble finding developer support.
a reverse ad skipper.. Ad adder, rather.

HAAA! That, I have to say is a Eureka moment.
funny - was having this exact convo with a friend last week. "How long do you recon it'll be before people start injecting ads back into their downloaded ad-free content."
i now have an answer.
I like the idea but it would be nice to have the option to customize it so that instead of set intervals I could set it to start whatever video after xx seconds on pause. Also an option to give it a search priority for whatever directory is used to search for titles with similar names. So I pause something like Jaws when I come back from doing my bidness I can be greeted by a special feature about the movie I am watching. If not maybe it will be one of the random extras from my other TV shows or Movies.

Of course with my track record something like that already exists and I have killed yet another thread.
Maybe a picture of the Queen and playing the national anthem before the movie. Or am I showing my age? (Actually that is one for cinema experience add-on I think.
(2015-04-24, 03:04)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe a picture of the Queen and playing the national anthem before the movie. Or am I showing my age? (Actually that is one for cinema experience add-on I think.

From reading the wiki I don't think it matter what vid you put in the "movies theatre intro" folder so your suggestion has already been implemented.

You might want to try searching first next time.

jk Wink
Pages: 1 2