Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi on Fire TV stick as UPnP Client/Target
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying to set up kodi on my Amazon fire TV stick (and some other android devices that i connect to external displays via MHL) to act as UPnP clients so that i can throw/airplay content to them, but when i attempt to use airplay (or throw from sony xperia devices), the only devices that show up are my windows ones. They are all configured identically with "airplay", "allow control via UPnP" and "allow programs on this and other systems to control kodi" enabled in the services menu.

I have looked about for a good few hours and i cant find an answer. Is this just a limitation with kodi for android, or am i missing something simple?

UPDATE: after skimming through the forums for a while going page by page, i found this thread which appears to show a similar issue to mine: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=214187
AirPlay doesn't use UPnP, and the only AirPlay support in Kodi is limited to music and some types of video, and no mirroring.
i'm not trying to mirror, what im saying is that i can airplay to any windows PC running kodi just fine, but none of the android instances show up.
same thing with "throw" on sony xperia devices, or "play to" from windows itself. only my windows instances show up.