Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Android Box audio question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Tronsmart s89-h
I can't get my spdif audio to passthrough
I have enabled all the setting on the box and in kodi. Expert settings
I have looked through the forums and can't seem to find an answer.
It worked fine with my local files from my hardrive via usb but any streaming video with 5.1 Audio doesn't work dts dd
From what I have read the box is capable of passthrough
In the kodi setting I only get greyed out "Android, Audio Track"
I have the most recent kodi from the website for arm android.
Receiver is de and dts capable. I have everything g wired correctly.

Is there something simple I am missing? I just can't figure this out and any suggestion would be appreciated.
Can the device you're passing through to handle dts dd? What is the audio type of the files that did work? What is the source of the files that won't work?
I would assume it can handle passthrough if it works when my hardrive is connected with local files playing from my Tronsmart to my yamha 5.1 dts dd receiver. I tried so many Audio types from my hardrive mkv,iso,MP4,avi. And they worked. I have tried so many different streaming addons that say they have hd/5.1 videos with no dts dd actually playing. Some of them I can hear from all my speakers but my receiver doesn't show dts or dd and the kodi player says 2.1. Its a Yamaha htr-5920 if that helps anything