Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Razer Forge TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
5.1 non-passthrough *IS* DTS/DD, just decoded by Kodi rather than the AVR.
Passthrough *should* be standard on Android 5.0+, I've read, but didn't check yet how it's supposed to happen.
Problem for me is i'm sending the audio via HDMI to my Vizio Tv and then Optical out to my receiver. I'll only get 2-channel Audio out of the TV now.

With SPMC on the FireTv, i'm able to pass both DTS and DD through the Vizio.
(2015-05-09, 01:31)briansuperduper Wrote: [ -> ]Supported Formats
https://plus.google.com/+BrentBurzycki/p...6rCtzvb6m9

Thanks. I huess it's not Kodi ... No DTS or DD is dissappointing.
I didn't even notice lack of DD/AC3. I guess that means it can't support live tv via the app unless it passes through the audio.
(2015-05-09, 13:33)drhill Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't even notice lack of DD/AC3. I guess that means it can't support live tv via the app unless it passes through the audio.

What?
(2015-05-09, 13:23)JonnyVee Wrote: [ -> ]

That has nothing to do with DTS or DD pass-through.
(2015-05-09, 21:57)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-09, 13:33)drhill Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't even notice lack of DD/AC3. I guess that means it can't support live tv via the app unless it passes through the audio.

What?
What what?

AC3 audio isn't in the licensed/available list. I don't want to use kodi for live cable tv, but Google's "LiveTV" AndroidTV app. If that app passes AC3 audio to the TV then it doesn't matter.

I need two "cheap" boxes for Live tv (MPEG2/AC3), Netflix, and casual usage of Plex/Kodi.

Then I need high end box for LiveTv, Netflix and proper usage of Plex/Kodi which requires MPEG2, VC-1, H264, 23.976 playback, and proper HD audio handling. 3d MVC mkv playback would be the cherry on top
(2015-05-09, 22:52)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-09, 13:23)JonnyVee Wrote: [ -> ]

So if it has nothing to do with passthrough. How does this get fixed for Kodi?
No idea, but decoding DTS or DD in hardware is a different issue than being able to pass the DTS or DD data through to an audio receiver via HDMI.
Has anyone tried usb debugging mode to access files from a usb drive?
(2015-05-10, 14:10)JonnyVee Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-09, 22:52)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-09, 13:23)JonnyVee Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. I huess it's not Kodi ... No DTS or DD is dissappointing.

So if it has nothing to do with passthrough. How does this get fixed for Kodi?

Well, I haven't seen yet were it is a problem with using Kodi, but if it is then it may be something that needs to be fixed on the Kodi side for this specific SoC or it maybe something that needs to be fixed at the API level by Razer.

However, not having DTS or DD decoders has nothing to do as to whether it will pass-through audio because the device wouldn't be doing the decoding anyway. All it has to do is pass the audio through to the connected device (AVR) for it to do the decoding.
(2015-05-11, 15:16)zcars74 Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone tried usb debugging mode to access files from a usb drive?

Sideloading ES File Explorer has allowed users to browse USB drives but you can not use these drives as additional storage, yet.
In the Wiki there is a section for Known Issues.
Has anyone had any luck using their Android TV remote as a keyboard for searches? I can use a Bluetooth keyboard but as soon as I try with either the game controller that Razer supplies (or any controller for that matter) or the Android App I have to resort to the D-Pad and pecking out the letters.
(2015-05-08, 06:30)JonnyVee Wrote: [ -> ]Ok. I got my Forge TV and after a couple of hours i finally got Kodi 14.2 and SPMC loaded. Finally figured that i could use Air Share to sideload. Unfortunately, both do not pass audio via HDMI - just static. Tried DTS and DD via passthrough and downmix.

JonnyVee: You said it took couple of hours to setup Kodi, is it that difficult to install Kodi on Razer Forge TV? I am totally new to Android TVs or Kodi or any of this stuff so I dont think RF will be easy for me. My only concern is with Live TV feature of Kodi and if the device in talk is that difficult to setup Kodi then definitely a no.
Appreciate your reply. Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5