Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi_15 - no support for "video_ts" folders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear all,

I'm using XBMC & KODI since years, but since the update to KODI I miss the support vor DVD "Video_TS" folders.
I'm unable to play these folders anymore -> like a DVD.

(yes, i can select each file and it will be played, but I miss the DVD option/menu. I I don't want select each file..file by file)

Please, can you update/add the support vor DVD VIDEO_TS folder again?!?

Thx Peter

PS: no commands like -> convert to mkv/avi...
I won't recommend avi or mkv...but what about to put those fikes in an ISO and select this for playing? Works fine for me

Did you scrape those movies and do you have them in your library? It seems you are talking about file view and not library view. If you scraped them, they should be played back fine.
Nothing has been removed in v15 for video_ts folders. I just tried it and it works like it always has.
Hi,
yes I use XBMC/Kodi by "File view" and I don't want use the library view. And I don't want scrap all files for Movie info and so on. (My Database is a mix of DE/US/FR files...Until now, no scraper worked fine/correct)
All that, I don't need.
A conversion to iso takes to much time...
My Database has an age of 4 years and with older versions, the playback worked fine.
But now:
Kodi 14 and 15(nightly builds) does not support playback of (mine) VIDEO_TS folder via FILE VIEW, anymore.
In the past, I had similar issues (most of the time with beta versions, but these issues are solved with the final version).
:-(

Any idea?

Thx
Works just fine here in File or Library view.

Please link to a Debug_log (wiki) of you trying to play something.
Here the log file: http://goo.gl/KeIRuH

Thx Peter
Ah, you use a Macbook...I'm out

But AFAICS...there's no video playing, or do I miss something

And I see a bunch of those banned addons Wink
This log file is from my macbook, yes. (I'm on travel and not at home, before monday).
But normal I use the Minix neo8h Android Box. With the same issues and no ad-ons.

What do you mean with banned add ons? There are addons, what are forbidden?

Thx Peter
(2015-04-26, 00:32)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Forum rules (wiki)

Thx for update.

@ ADMIN: Pls close or delete my post.
Of course:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons

Did you try to play back any video in the log above which doesn't come from any of those addons i linked to?

Tbh...I skipped reading anything which was "genesis" or "icechannnel" related and searched the real issue, which I can't find.
(2015-04-25, 23:06)Eifelbaer77 Wrote: [ -> ]Here the log file: http://goo.gl/KeIRuH

Thx Peter
Can you confirm where you are trying to play from? as I don't see you going to Videos -> Files then your media source to play anything, however you do appear to be going into File Manager under System which is the wrong place for playing back media files (although it can be done from here).

Note - I'm in a good mood and willing to turn a blind eye to the other stuff as long it's not those addons you're trying to playback from.
@jjd-uk:

I think the 'problem' is solved...the OP asked for closing this thread after pointing him to the forum rules Wink
Well I'm not sure he's actually using the addons here.

Eifelbaer77, if you're trying to play files on the macbook hard drive then you appear to be doing it totally wrong if you are using the File Manager under System, the only way to do it while in File Manager is to go into the VIDEO_TS folder and select the VIDEO_TS.IFO file as this is the playlist file that links the indvidual VOB files. However what you should be doing to going to Videos then Files and adding your media location on the hard drive as a source, then you can navigate to it and select Play on the movie folder without having to go into the VIDEO_TS folder.
Also be sure to enable "Combine split videos" in settings.
Pages: 1 2