Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fire TV - Kodi 15 Alpha - anyone running?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking to update my FTV to Kodi 15 Alpha if it is running fine for people?

I just installed 15a on my Windows HTPC and it runs perfectly fine for me, even with AEON MQ5.

thanks for the input!
Seems to be running good for me. I updated to the nightlies in order to get deinterlacing support on my FTV box and sticks, and I haven't had any major issues.
(2015-04-25, 05:56)Livin Wrote: [ -> ]Looking to update my FTV to Kodi 15 Alpha if it is running fine for people?

I just installed 15a on my Windows HTPC and it runs perfectly fine for me, even with AEON MQ5.

thanks for the input!

Prefer Helix myself. Same experience as this:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=223376
That doesn't seem to be universally happening, and it's being looked into, but ther is a work around. We have a new seek command that keymaps (wiki) can use that will accept any value and bypass the additive seeking completely. For example:

Code:
<right>seek(30)</right>
<left>seek(-30)</left>
(2015-04-26, 23:21)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]That doesn't seem to be universally happening, and it's being looked into, but ther is a work around. We have a new seek command that keymaps (wiki) can use that will accept any value and bypass the additive seeking completely. For example:

Code:
<right>seek(30)</right>
<left>seek(-30)</left>

Sounds like good news. This is to be added to the advancedsetting.xml, I presume. Is it in the latest nightly?

Not sure why they couldn't just let the old advancedsettings codes override the behaviour.
(2015-04-27, 08:40)Rod Pocket Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-26, 23:21)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]That doesn't seem to be universally happening, and it's being looked into, but ther is a work around. We have a new seek command that keymaps (wiki) can use that will accept any value and bypass the additive seeking completely. For example:

Code:
<right>seek(30)</right>
<left>seek(-30)</left>

Sounds like good news. This is to be added to the advancedsetting.xml, I presume. Is it in the latest nightly?

Not sure why they couldn't just let the old advancedsettings codes override the behaviour.

Add your choice of jump to keyboard.xml like this:

Code:
<FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <right>seek(21)</right>
       <left>seek(-7)</left>
    </keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>

Just checked and it does override the skip step settings in the latest nightly but for whatever reason - possibly unrelated - seeking is still not the seamless experience it is on Helix. It's all a bit frustrating really.
Yeah. I think the "delay after seek" issue is unrelated to the "incremental seek" functionality.