Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi quit unexpectedly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI everyone. I'm new to all of this. I have a mac mini intel core duo and tried to install kodi for the first time and I cannot get it to run at all. I get the message "Kodi quit unexpectedly". The dump is available here:

http://pastebin.com/ZX1Mbvye

Any help would be greatly appreciated.I'm not even sure where to start troubleshooting this as it doesn't run at all.

Thanks
Paul
The end of the line is Kodi 14.1 on OSX 10.6.8.
Thanks for the answer. That's explains it although in the wiki it states: "Requires Mac OS X 10.6 (up to Kodi 14.2) or Mac OS X 10.7 (Kodi 15.x and later) and only runs on Intel Macs." which i interpreted as up to AND INCLUDING 14.2. Oh well.
It should have, but something might have already been changed in our build system by the time 14.2 was made. I'm not entirely sure, but I think it is still possible to make a v14.2 for 10.6, so long as someone has a 10.6 build environment set up. Maybe one of the other users on the forum have such a set up and wouldn't mind firing off a v14.2 for you? I would offer myself, but I'm not very good at compiling things on OS X.
I can do it on the Old mythic jenkins Slave i guess - stupid sdk bump for 14.2 had unpredictable consequences as it seems
@NedScott - no way that i can compile 14.2 with 10.6 sdk. We used to compile with 10.8sdk with 10.6 runtime target. The mythic slave we have left has only 10.6 sdk and really old xcode. Kodi for osx doesn't compile on that one. Please change the wiki to state that 14.1 is sadly the last version which can be run on 10.6.8.
Will do
i am such a noob to all of this. i had kodi 12.9 on my mac mini 64 bit, tried to upgrade to 14.2... now nothing but "kodi quit unexpectedly" message. i've tried to find a 14.1 version (which I gather was the latest version to work with my 10.6.8 os. I just dont know what to do... can you help?