Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't add Drobo (External HD) as a video source
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently upgraded my Mac to a new Retina iMac. I have not been able to add my drives in my Drobo 5d (not NAS, it is attached directly to my iMac) as video sources. I've read many posts, the FAQ, and tried many things, but haven't yet been successful. I added my main iMac drive (via nfs) without a problem. Here are just some of the variations I've tried using to add my Drobo 5d as a video source:

nfs://<ip address>/iMac/Volumes/Drobo/
nfs://<ip address>/iMac/Drobo/
afp://<ip address>/iMac/Volumes/Drobo/
nfs://<ip address>/Volumes/Drobo/
nfs://<ip address>/Drobo/

I think I've tried many variations of the 5 above.

I verified the folder (the Drobo drive) is marked as "Shared Folder" in Get Info in finder. In Settings, the Sharing options that are on are "Screen Sharing", "File Sharing" and "Remote Login". File Sharing is "On", and the Drobo is in the "Shared Folders" section. I also added the individual drives I that I want to access in the Drobo (just to see if it would make a difference - it didn't). In the "Users" box, my login is included (Read/Write), System Admin (Read/Write) and Everyone (Read Only).

I'm accessing the video sources on my iMac via an Amazon Fire TV using Kodi v14.1. Previous Mac (Mac Pro Tower) used an Apple TV2 (ATV2), which I recently sold.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help.

DangerDave
Have you tried browsing when adding the source?
Hi Nickr,
Yes, I have tried that. When I first tried to add the drive as a video source, I just added the iMac and the Drobo appeared in the list of drives. If I remember right, I selected it, but nothing happened. And now, if I connect to the iMac, I don't even see the Drobo listed.

Thanks for your reply - open to any suggestions.

Thanks.

DangerDave
Revisiting this issue. It seems like there is a file that contains the drives that needs to be updated/refreshed. When I enter the IP address of the machine, I see the new drives that some of my library is in, but I also see volumes that existed on my old Mac but do not exist on my new Mac. When I select these drives, nothing happens. Does anyone know how to update this file?

Thanks.

PS - I've been able to view the files on the Drobo via Plex and DLNA, so it's not the permission issue I thought it was.

Thanks in advance.

DangerDave