Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Android T8 Box Running Kodi 15 Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there. I have installed Kodi 15 Alpha 2 on my newly flashed T8 Android smart tv box. I have 4 problems that i have been unable to figure out, and i am hoping the forum members might know the answers to?

1) Stereo upmix doesn't work. This was the same in the first Kodi version for me. If i click it on either in the settings/system/audio section or whilst playing a movie from the operating bar, the sound shuts off for the whole box. Inside and outside of Kodi. The only way to get sound back is to reboot the box, go into Kodi and uncheck stereo upmix, then come out of Kodi and do a reboot of the box again. This way i get my sound back.

2) if i enable audio passthrough in either way as above the picture becomes very jagged, stuttery and unwatchable. But this only happens if the dts option is checked. If it is unchecked but passthrough is still enabled with dolby the picture is fine?

3) i have to uncheck/disable amcodec from the hardware codecs. If this remains on, the screen, only when playing video, is as if it's zoomed in and down to the bottom right corner of the screen and goes off the screen. I can keep the other two hardware codecs enabled and it's fine.

4)On a couple of my T8 boxes i have setup, (done about 20 now) for some reason after a short while the box has become full and doesn't even have enough space to load Kodi or download a simple app. I am completely baffled by this as it's only happening on a couple of boxes. I have noticed in the box settings/storage that the misc files section is full up. Does anyone know why this might be happening? I Regularly clean cache, the box is not junked up with apps etc and no downloading on the box at all just streaming.

Any pointers with these quiries would be greatfully recieved.

Many thanks in advance.
Hi...did you resolve the misc file issue?
Hiya. It's been a bit of an anomaly really. Yes it seems to have been sorted, but I have done about 3 newer version firmware updates since then which seems to have stopped it. What I can say is that it was defiantly a kodi/xbmc issue. As if it filled up and you deleted.kodi the problem dissappeared. So I would say if you have that issue, update firmware and reinstall kodi and wizard. That will fix the problem. But I can't say whether it will come back, but mine hasn't. Hope that helps.