Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Update PTVL Channels without Exiting PTVL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey All,

I apologize if this is the wrong place and I'm sure it's been covered, but I just want to clarify a few things. I did search for an answer before deciding to post, but I'm not sure I'm understanding everything. Basically, I want to be able to update my channels with my own content that I add to my library over time without having to close and restart PTVL. I'm running Kodi and PTVL on openelec. All of my channels are created from Kodi smart playlists.

Once I add the content to the library do I just go to \Userdata\playlists\video and then add the title of the movie/tv show to my playlists? Will PTVL be able to recognize that new content is added? Will it be able to scrape tvdb or moviedb to get the movie's/'show's info? Do I need to have settop box mode enabled? Does it work, for example, if I already have a TV show listed but then I add a few more seasons of that show?

I'm sure I'm missing something. Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm new, but I'd like to think I'm slowly learning.
Don't use this function in my set up but I beleive this is how it works.

When you add a show to your kodi library,you have to update your library.You can use this http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:XBMC_Library_Auto_Update and set a timer.
Your custom playlists will auto update too.
Then in PLTV settings enable settop box mode and set the time that PLTV will update the channels(e.g. every 8 hours)In the meantime if you have set to update library PLTV will add the new shows to the channels.
Oh awesome. I was wondering how the library itself gets updated. Thank you for your continued help. How does PTVL know which movies to add to which playlists/channels? After the auto update runs do I manually add the movie/tv show title to the playlist text file?
Nothing to do manually
If your library updates then your kodi smart playlists update too.
PLTV (with settop enabled) will scan every "x" hours(you set the time you want) your library and will add the new content to the appropriate channels.

e.g. You have in kodi a smart playlist named "Comedy" with 10 movies.In PLTV you 've created channel 1 based on this smart playlist.If you add 10 more comedy movies and auto update library your smart playlist will have 20 movies.
Then PLTV when scans your library will find the movies and will add them to channel 1.
ah ok. so this won't work if I have specifically defined my playlists to include specific movies rather than having a genre playlist? looks like it's time to tweak my channels. thanks again for helping me out