Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: compatible motherboard and cpu ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello

would my motherboard / cpu be factor in why kodi can not see my internal hard disc storage in file manager ?

i can see it on the bios no problem ,

my mother board is the bio star J1900NH2

much appreciated in advance any help

thankyou Big Grin
If it is second drive then the best way is it to mount it in fstab during the boot.
Hi illiac4 !

thanks for the reply , its actually my 1st drive apart from the usb key that i have kodi running from ( would that make it my second ? im not sure )

i will do some research as im not so sure what fstab is and reply back when i have checked that out thank you

regards
any reason you're not installing the OS to the internal drive?
just that USB being a solid state it should be more stable the HDD will be sole for movies and tv shows if these fail i don't need to re install the OS simply the HDD .. just my thoughts on the way to do it ..any reason i shouldn't or why this may cause problems ?
also just to shed some light maybe

i have tried the same hdd in a external bay connected with a usb and its see's it straight away no problems

bios sata set up maybe ?
internal drives are not automounted, while USB devices are. You need to add it to /etc/fstab as already noted above.

As for reliability: USB sticks are far less reliable and slower then a hdd
ok totally get this now re the mounting ... thankyou

im not sure how to add it to /etc/fstab could you explain please

cheers
do yourself a favor and install the OS on the internal hdd. This will also solve your mounting problem.
OK so i have multiple HDD'S

i add the OS on one HDD'S

the others will self mount ?
Hell...everyone answers the same. I already did, wsnipex did...do you read the answers you get? Wink

Again...Internal HDDs aren´t automounted (I thought ext3 will be and only NTFS will not be automounted, but as wsnipex is the one, who knows best about Kodibuntu, I won´t say anyting against Wink), so the others WON´T automount..

Did you read the documentation wsnipex send you in the other thread you opened for the same case?
yes as i said i understand re the automount but i see a thread and option to turn this on .. ( http://askubuntu.com/questions/512321/ho...at-startup )

if its not available in kodibuntu make it clear to some one who obviously does not know would be the obvious thing ?

so without revving anyone up ..

what is needed is mount the os on the hdd

my question was ..if i do this on one hdd the others will also be seen in the file manger ?

or do i need to add the os on each hdd ?

thankyou for your help and understanding Smile
And one last question if i may ..

what format do the hdd need to be ?

ext3 or ntfs or does it not matter ?

Thankyou
last time: you must add the drives to /etc/fstab! Its also in the link you posted yourself above.
ok thanks for your help o great master wsnipex
Pages: 1 2