Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Get local Thumbnails Path
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
I don't know if it's already covered in another post, but I searched for an answer to my question and didn't find anything relative.
I'm trying to write a kodi module for a control system. I use the GetMovies or TV shows requests and I get a proper reply from the server for the requested info.
So far so good... The problem is that the art (poster, banner and thumbnail files) are internet paths of the movie database site and not local ones resulting in a great latency of the cover art retrieval. Apart form that usually the art is a big resolution picture adding more latency to the retrieval process. Finally the thumbnail and poster paths are the same!
Is there a request, pointing in the local thumbnail database of the kodi server? How can I get the thumbnail of my movie from the one that is already stored in the kodi server?
I hope using this way, I have less delay when I retrieve the movie, music art etc.

Regards,
Costas
They are from the local Kodi system. It's just the files originated from that URL and so are called that.
Well depending on whether Kodi has already cached an image or not it may for have to download it once but after that any path that starts with "image://" will access the locally cached image even though the path may look like a remote URL but as Mizaki said that's simply where the image originally came from.

Concerning thumbnail and poster paths being the same that's on purpose. Thumbnail is the default image that is used in a skin if the skinner doesn't specify a specific artwork type to be used and in most cases (at least for movies and tvshows) that's the poster.