Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mobie Dazzle S805 and S812
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, any opinions on those 2 tv boxes?

the s805 is just £40 with a quad-core. Is it smoother compared to the Pi 2?
You're comparing pears and apples.

Pi2 is pure linux and is better for pure Kodi.
S805 is Android, and is mandatory if you want to run other android apps than Kodi.
Thanks for the info, basically I was wondering if and Android Box would add some extra like Web Browsing, Email etc. and if in general they run smoothly or it is better go with the AFTV which of course i costs more.

sorry probably I should have asked how are those quadcore android box compared to the AFTV
I have a S805 box and for £40 i'm happy with how it performs. Now i think it's smooth enough but that will all come down to personal opinion.
I've got no experience with other things your looking at so can't say how they compare.
Yes I agree with Koying in regards to the versatility of the RPi2, especially for perfectly synced 24p H264 video.

Points to consider.... (24p capable TV)
- if you running 50Hz Live TV, deinterlacing quality is better on the AMLogic S805
- the S805 will give the addition over the RPi2 of - perfectly synced 24p, HEVC (H265) video when running the Kodi distro.. SPMC. (Highly Recommended). It will not give you smooth perfectly synced video, when running H264 content in Kodi on Android or OpenElec.

I have been playing with an even cheaper S805 equipped ODROID-C1 today. Decided to experiment with a Ubuntu 14.04 / Kodi Isengard Alpha2 release on this and it works very well.

Results are perfectly synced 24p - H264 & H265 video when the Kodi GUI is used at 24Hz running Ubuntu. Usually the Kodi GUI at this refresh rate is slow, buts its as easily as quick as my Overclocked RPi2.

Smile
I dont need live tv, only play yifi movies from external hdd? So u are saying I can bump in unsynchronised video with the android box?
23.976fps (24p) - H264 movies will not play perfectly synced on a S805 running Kodi / Android / OpenElec at a display refresh rate of 24Hz. You will get minor video jitters when video moves slowly left to right in a scene.

Get a RPi2 or Chromebox that supports 23.976fps video out of the box for the smoothest video.
You of course also need a 24p capable TV.

I would be looking at a dual or single boot Chromebox if you want extras like Email, Web Browsing etc. You can change your boot options into ChromeOS or OpenElec / Ubuntu, by using a compatible Bluetooth keyboard at startup.