Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stream not full screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi bought an andriod box a couple of days ago and installed kodi. I have a problem that some streams don't apper full screen.like so
When i switch to a different hdmi source on my tv and go back to the android box it's full screen as it should be.
Any idea where the problem lies here, it seems strange that switching to another hdmi source fixes it?
Hi. I had the same problem, but mine was quarter screen all the time .In the android box, I went into Settings > Display> HDMI Mode and then went down to the next resolution. Works fine now and, as far as I can see, the picture quality is just the same. Hope this helps
Thanks for the advice, it turned out it was an issue with the resolution like you said. I dropped it down to 720p and it fixed the problem.
Hi, I got the same problem over here. Seems a bit strange though to put the video settings to 720p on a device that claims it cab play 3d and 4k vids.
The problem occurs only on Kodi. When I play vids on my vlc-playerapp, Its always on full screen , even at the 1080p setting.
Anyone here knows how to set Kodi to 1080P. ? Been through the settings nummerous times but couldn't find it .

gr. Jack
I have the same problem with a new box 2Gb 8Gb that came with VIDON XBMC 14.2 installed and I added 15.2. It plays fine on 14.2 but on 15.2 the picture only takes up about 1/3 of the screen and I notice in the system information the 15.2 says I am only getting 720P resolution but on the 14.2 version I get 1080P. Any suggestions? Box has Android 5.1.1 with a Mali GPU 450. It has a CPU AArch64 processor rev 4 (AARCH64). It uses open GLES 2.0. I tried V16.0 beta nightly and it gets 1080P but no audio. I also tried an older version of TVMC 14.2 and it gets 1080P resolution. Is there a conflict having both programs on the same box? I have done this before with no problem. Some of the programs I want to run require the newer 15.2 so even though it plays great on the supplied 14.2 at 1080P I am worried about upgrading it to 15.2 and beyond. I want 1080P and have a 4K TV that I want to start streaming in 4K when possible. I uninstalled and re installed several times always the same results. I don't know if this is a Kodi problem or an Android problem or a box problem. I do know I tried the same thing on a different name box with a 2Gb 16Gb it has a GPUTongueower VR Rogue G6110, CPU BogoMips 48.00 and rockchip rk3368. This box cost about $20.00 more and has 1080P on 15.2 and a full screen. Are any of these parts known to be defective for this type of application? I did not know if I could name the boxes so I did not, just the specs.
Thanks