Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CarPC-touch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
thanks so much it worked ,so if i want to change an app i just go to include ,,would that be the same if i want to put an app in music or video
Possibly. Just search for music and you'd have to change more than the package. Since that's setup for a Kodi built in function, you would need to change it to a StartAndroidActivity just like the rest.
can i make my own skin and replace the original skin
Yes. When you unzip the skin, you see its in a second folder named the same. Then you can search for all the images to see where they are located. Some however require you to be able to extract some other files. You can Google the info easily. Like the Kodi logo
i dont have that folder (same) i have a image which says fanart

I meant the same name as the zip. However here is the main skin textures file. It's basically a zip style folder but you need a small program to decompile and recompile .xbt folders.
Or you can edit one of the other colors and change it in the skin color settings within Kodi.
i have started to design a new screen is there any steps i need to use my design,or a tutorial

Hi,

i see many people here using this skin on android.
I will try to make an android version. For beginning i will change from home buttons navigation and radio, and maybe delete what is useless for android.

Suggestions ?

Thanks.
I'm unsure, but if there is a way to incorporate the apps into the Kodi system. For android there is only one legit FM program which is called SDR Touch. It uses a DAB/SDR USB Dongle. I can provide any information or testing help. Also navigation. I know those buttons originally are set to run a plug in for rasberripi, and currently we have been modifying it to open an external app but it's only a work around. If we can get SDR functionality in the FM portion and Google maps or a legit GPS program, that would be cool.

I use google maps because it runs smoother than the rest and now they have offline navigation, all you gotta do is download your offline map and it works flawless offline. Some people use data programs like ihearteadio but it shouldn't be setup to require data.
i use it in my car i love having navigation gps and ill try it out if you make it you guys are the best
a lot of us use it in our cars love android
I don't anymore. Mainly because fm and navigation isn't integrated. And because it has a horrible volume adjustment and only when music is playing, and Kodi blocks my android Navbar mod.

I don't know enough to figure it out.

I'm sure there is a way to convert the plug-ins to work with the android system. Fm Must be designed for SDR, but without knowing how, it would be too difficult.

Which is why I started to skin the android system itself.
thats a nice setup do you have a video of it in use
It's not complete...
https://youtu.be/8ZdfkldY9ic
Over the federation flag is a Spectrum Analyzer, but the one I was trying was a paid for widget and I'm not ready to pay for it until I find widgets that work right with it. So it's trial is over it won't work. I just have soo many things on my plate, like carbon fiber the plastic dash panels and dying the leather interior. And moving into a new house, new job searching. I got soo much going on.
SDR i don't have for testing but i can add buttons for navigation , google maps and waze , and for fm 2 buttons for 2 radio online, for beginning.

For the volume i can change with 2 buttons....
If it would help, I wouldn't mind buying you a DAB... they are like 9 bucks shipped. I can test anything give info, anything you need. I'm not a stranger to ripping things apart. Hehe. I got backups up the ying yang. We can discuss it...

I've already changed the FM and navigation buttons to open an android app externally. But it's not the same.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36