Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CarPC-touch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
(2015-12-09, 14:22)Renard Wrote: [ -> ]This skin is blazing fast on my generic low-end Android tablet with only 512Mb of RAM. I'll definitely keep it here, customize it a bit, and set it as the default launcher. Thanks!
(Edit: it's missing a battery meter, and an easy way of updating the library)
It's not missing a battery meter. Your car stereo doesn't have a battery meter. This skins main function is for car installations. Not in your pocket use. Not saying you don't or can't because the large buttons, but that is the reason for its existence. And definitely wasn't designed for Android. Which is the only platform that has a battery. And even in Android In Dash installations, we only use the battery for standby functions.

And Kodi has an Auto Update Library function built in. Willing to bet since I've been using CarPCs for sometime, others use the same features.
primitivereason what a wonderfull skin you made there, thank you!

There is only one small thing, once I started a playlist, there does not seem to be a button to go to "current playlist", or is there?
(2015-12-03, 22:57)techie67 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, i like this skin very much and would love to use it with the official pi Touchscreen and openelec (milhouse build kodi 16) as this beta works great with this touchscreen.

I habe problems with installing it under openelec though.

I get an error regarding unmet dependencies.

Can somebody provide any help making it work?

The original re-touched skin works fine btw..

Chris

Edit: Got it working with my official raspi 7'' display.
It did not work when updating by the menu. It worked fine when i copied the uncompressed zip into the
folder directly. Next step is translating it to German some more.

@techie67 Can you explain step by step (not for dummies) how do you get it? (what folder...)

Thanks
Quote:@techie67 Can you explain step by step (not for dummies) how do you get it? (what folder...)

Thanks

Hi,

here from top of my brain what i did:

1. openlec official installed and running (best witch confluence skin and usb keyboard)
2. download and install the addon OpenELEC Dev Update (you can very easy update the nightly builds with this one). For details go here: http://ls80.github.io/script.openelec.devupdate/ . I think i used wget on an ssh shell via putty)
3. download milhouse nightly build from here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=250817 (chose appropriate pi version, i took the one for pi2).
Maybe this step is not required and you can update to the milhouse build directly with the Addon from 2. I chose this one because it suppots the touch screen out of the box.
4. Download an install re-touched skin. Change skin to re-touched
5. Download car-pc "mod" from https://www.dropbox.com/s/jwpciygwjgub1s...n.zip?dl=0
6. unzip the downloaded zip archive on you pc into a temporary folder. --> find the unzipped folder "skin.CarPC-touch_carbon-master"
7. copy this folder to the directory "stogage/.kodi/addons/" on the pi. (winscp is your friend ;-) ) . (on my pi the directory actually reads "skin.CarPC-touch_carbon" but i think i renamed it or created it manually)
8. reboot the pi
9. go to settings (gear symbol) / Appearance (upper left) / Skin / Skin/ and choose "CarPC-touch_carbon_master"
10. confirm the selection
11. have fun :-)

Regards
Chris
I downloaded nightly and tried to open carpc
zip it came up with a error
If you want to try it out on a nightly unzip it, open the folder and open the addon.xml file in a text editor.
Look for the following line:

<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.00.0"/>

Change it to:

<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.10.0"/>

And save (make sure you don't end up with addon.xml.txt).

Change the folder name (eg add 'jarvis' to the end of it) and zip the folder up again.

Now it will install. How well it will work on Jarvis I don't know - I've just tried it on Beta3 and first impressions are it runs okay.
when you tried it on beta 3 did it install with out doing all that
and how do you get the radio to work
No. 'All that' only takes about a minute though.
Not tried the radio, I don't have a module to connect.
is this right

you see it works on my samsung galaxy s5 just wont work on my android tv box m8 which i use in my car

I kept 2 themes only, white for day and red for night (actually for night everything else should be black) . can someone provide the code for a button that <onclick> will toggle between the 2 themes? I tried Skin.Theme , but it doesn't work... The best will be a script to automate it.
...nevermind, I found it. It works only <onclick>Skin.Theme(-1)</onclick> , don't know why.
Does anyone know how to go back to the "current playlist" from the car pc touch skin?
Love this software.

I'm about to start building a car entertainment system for my camper van and this looks perfect.

I plan on adding an external storage drive to the Pi I have just ordered and fancy customising the skin a bit to bring it in line with the custom interior theme.

I have a few questions

-How hard is it to change basic colours/backgrounds? (I am able to use graphics programs, its the software side I would need to know)
-Can I change the font?
-Is it possible to add new logos?

Thanks in advance.

Paul
Not at all. There are skin tutorials all over the Web. I know I didn't change much to mine but once you see the guts of the skin, if you have any basic knowledge of photo editing, xml mapping etc this should be easy. If you don't know the software side, really you could just change up the images and leave the typical layout alone.
I think images would be easy enough for me as I use Photoshop regularly.

I've never dissected a skin but if its anything like a website and HTML/CSS I might be OK with it.
There are how to's all over the Web

I'm doing similar, but skinning Android as a whole since this skin with Kodi don't work well with Android devices since nobody is trying to merge the SDR Fm us Android people use for Fm, into the code of Kodi or this skin. So it just a glorified mp3/mp4 player where we still have to open external apps for navigation and Fm. I wish I knew how to get Kodi to open an external app inside Kodi in like a window or widget.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36