Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: black background
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Once again,after watching a film,my homescreen now has a black background instead of the usual confluence skin.Whilst with this background,I'm unable to click on favourites,programmes or system.I'm baffled.....any ideas guys?? I have a T8 box.
Can you please provide a Debug Log while this is happening?
Had a quick Google of the T8 Box, seems to be advertised as a fully loaded android box for KODI.

Per chance is the film/content you watched from an online stream from the unmentionable addons?
See: Kodi's Official Forum Piracy Policy

If yes, they may be the cause of the issue, so I would suggest removing them and see if it happens with just stock KODI.

If not, feel free to ignore this post and provide a debug per "David1977's" post.
One way this can happen is if you specify a background image location in your skin settings and Kodi can't locate the file when booting. Likely to happen if the file is external.
sorry guys ,been away so not had chance to respond.

The film I watched was from Genesis K4,Ive made no skin changes so not sure where this problem has come from.

Where and how do i get a Debug log from David?
Oh...and the black background stays until I reboot and then it returns to the default Skin!!
No need of a Debug Log anymore as you are using Genesis and this is a banned addon. It's not allowed to discuss this here and you won't get any support for this. Ask where you get this addon from. We can't help you.

Take a look here for further informations:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Banned_add-ons
Hmm, post the log anyways. We probably can't help you if genesis is specifically the reason this happens, but what you describe is very strange.

For instructions see Log file/Easy (wiki)