Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't change seeking behavior
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone.

I have been using Kodi on WeTek OS (Android 4.2.2) for the WeTek Play a few months now. While I am overall satisfied with the user experience with Kodi there is just one little problem. I can not seem to modify the seeking behavior during video playback. I have created a advancedsettings.xml in the folder:
Code:
/data/media/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/
And edited it with vi to look like this:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <usetimeseeking>true</usetimeseeking>
    <smallstepbackseconds>7</smallstepbackseconds>
    <timeseekforward>20</timeseekforward>
    <timeseekbackward>-20</timeseekbackward>
    <timeseekforwardbig>90</timeseekforwardbig>
    <timeseekbackwardbig>-90</timeseekbackwardbig>
    <percentseekforward>2</percentseekforward>
    <percentseekbackward>-2</percentseekbackward>
    <percentseekforwardbig>10</percentseekforwardbig>
    <percentseekbackwardbig>-10</percentseekbackwardbig>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>

There doesn't seem to be a way to modify the seeking behavior on Kodi for Android. I have tried Kodi version14.1 ; 14.2 ; 15.0 alpha and the latest nightly build.

P.S. Could a mod or admin please delete this thread:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=225754
I can't seem to manage to do it. It says I don't have the appropriate permission to delete my own thread. Rolleyes
Seeking has been changed in the 15 series. Your Advanced.XML will have no effect.

In the 15 series, I recommend the latest Nightly only, or wait a day or few for the beta.

Here's why:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=223376

Then try adding these lines to your keyboard.xml to give you 21 seconds forward, 7 back, or adjust to taste:

Code:
<FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <right>seek(21)</right>
      <left>seek(-7)</left>
    </keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>

This will affect Video only. I recommend you tweak your music Skip options under Settings.