Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stretched and Cropped Videos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I recently purchased an Android box which came with Kodi 14.0 pre-installed and is plugged into my TV via HDMI. When I play videos with a 2.4:1 aspect ratio, they are stretched to full screen 16:9 and then cropped to 2.4.

How can I get them to play "as is", without stretching and cropping?

Many thanks in advance Smile
Keyboard 'Z' will toggle various common aspects as well as normal. While playing the video, the OSD for video format should have many of these video options.

What box did you get that has Kodi installed and version?
Because I'm watching on a TV, I don't have a keyboard attached.

The box is a Tronfy MXQ Amlogic S805 with Android 4.4 and Kodi 14.0 Smile
Bump
You might want to try SPMC it's optimized for Android (on the google store) and works pretty good on my M8 set-up. Not really sure what issue you're having, I haven't been able to duplicate it, but I do remember an issue with a screen setting of 1080p causing issues, I brought it down to 720p and it's running well. Does the video OSD adjustments work?
I've tried every single OSD option Sad

Thanks for your help Smile
Be sure that the display is turned on prior to running the equipment so the EDID parms can be passed along.http://www.extron.com/company/article.aspx?id=uedid
Turn the box on before the TV?
No turn the TV before the panel.... otherwise the device doesn't know what it's attached to. I would mention that the device was shipped with a proprietary version of Kodi and might have had some optimization that are hardware specific My understanding is that the latest Kodi might require a new rom file, so my suggestion to pick up the finless rom and place SPMC on this package still holds.
I'll try SPMC tonight Smile
(2015-05-04, 12:36)Chrimbo Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried every single OSD option Sad

Thanks for your help Smile

Even 'Pixel ratio'?
try disabling AMcodec in acceleration settings
Even Pixel ratio Sad

I'll disable AMcodec tonight - fingers crossed...
Disabling AMcodec worked, but stopped x265 videos from playing. However, SPMC works with everything!!!

Thanks peeps Smile
This is the only Tronfy piece of kit I've ever had, but I've gotta say it's excellent! It came with Kodi 14.0 pre-installed as the default video player.

Haven't used it to browse TV channels, but it plays every single video file I've thrown at it perfectly - ranging from micro-sized x265 encodes to 1:1 Blu-Ray remuxes.

My honest advice is go for it - I promise you won't regret it Big Grin
Pages: 1 2