Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MX2 but want to remove the Android part to just run XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

Sorry if this has been asked before buy I have tried looking at other thread and also searching before asking but not found anyone asking the same question.

I currently have an Android MX2 box running android 4.2.2 and XBMC (Gotham) on it, however I don't use it much as it runs like a dog. Is there a way of just getting it to run XBMC and remove the android part altogether?

I have a HP chromebox which is running Helix (Dual boot with ChromeOS) sweet and speedily so was wanting to try to get the MX2 box running the same way for the 2nd TV.

Any help or advice and guidance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks all Smile
You can do that, and it does help out a lot. See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=180446
See to be in a constant loop of installing but doesn't actually install, have tried 4 of the ways but all the same result, may have hardware issue then?
It might be best to ask in that other thread. I don't have much experience with AMLogic ROM flashing.
you can burn into a linux xbmc , codesnake version is the best