Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Upgrade - Which OS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an MBX K200 Android Box for my TV and got notified that there is a kodi update available so I need to know which is the correct OS update. I want to confirm before I do it. I know I'm new to all of this, and apologize that my questions may sound dumb, but figure this is how I learn. Don't want to install incorrectly and destroy everything as I know I know just enough to screw up stuff good. My dilemma is, I have a windows computer and the mbx k200 is an Android system. In poking around, I've been able to see what's on the tv, from my computer at the same time, so I know they are connected somehow. I tried looking for the version of the "kodi" at what's on my computer as I can see the kodi from there, however, don't know which to update. When I look at the TV box system info settings, it says xbmc 14.0 Git 2015-03-04-ddc595c-dirty (compiled: Mar 4 2015) and, that is what it says when I look at the kodi properties In addition, the hardware info is CPU:ARMv7 Processor rev 1. Now, I do see the ARM download on your site and it is the one I have downloaded, however, I am apprehensive since I can see kodi run on my computer and it is windows x86. Don't want to screw everything up. i have read through the forums and the wiki and can't find where I can determine what I have so I know how to update properly, for sure. Sorry I'm not advanced at all and thank you so much in advance for your help.
If you want to update Kodi on an Android box then you use the Android version. If you also have Kodi on your Windows box then that one will use the Windows version. It isn't possible to install the wrong version for a given platform/OS, so you have nothing to worry about.
(2015-05-03, 04:54)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to update Kodi on an Android box then you use the Android version. If you also have Kodi on your Windows box then that one will use the Windows version. It isn't possible to install the wrong version for a given platform/OS, so you have nothing to worry about.

Thank you so much for the help! You answered my concern!