Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: no movies after upgrade to isengard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi folks!
I´ve been using Kodi for quite a while (since v12), using it with a mysql database successfully.

Problem:
After upgrading to v15 beta (the problem existed with alpha versions, too) I no longer get any movies. The sources are there as they were in helix but when clicking on 'set conent' I can see no options are set ('this directory contains... none'). Changing the option back to 'movies' and configuring all things correctly leads to kodi asking me if I want to scan for new things. Answering yes results in kodi doing nothing at all.
When again choosing 'set content' I can see that kodi did not save the changes I made there - all ist gone showing me only 'this directory contains... none'.

I observed this behaviour also in the alpha versions of isengard. I thought this was going to work in the beta and final versions as all my other problems usually went away when any final versions were released in the past and continued using helix.

Additional informations and what I´ve done so far:
- I´m using a mysql database.
- which PC I upgrade to isengard does not matter, same behaviour as described above.
- I´m using path redirection in advancedsettings.xml for the sources.xml. Isengard obviously can access that sources.xml for adding new sources within isengard results in changing the sources.xml-file correctly.
- deleting and adding sources whithin isengard multiple times - no changes
- uninstalling an reinstalling isengard several times - no changes
- music and pictures work fine even in isengard, also live-tv
- changed the skin back to confluence - no changes
- going back to helix - all working perfectly at once, no changes required at all.

I really´d like to use isengard, looks very good in the screenshot an when browsing the menus. But without being able to add movies not quite that good...

Any help appreciated.

Thanx from Germany
Christian
edit:
- tried without any pathsubstitutions - no changes
I've seen some people have problems with MySQL database upgrades. Turn on debugging and check your logs.
Hi,
as far as I can see, there is a problem with some tables. But I´ve got no clue what that means exactly. Has this something to do with installing 15.0 then reinstalling 14.2 over it again?

12:38:05 T:9732 NOTICE: Running database version Addons18
12:38:05 T:9732 DEBUG: CDatabaseManager::Initialize, updating databases...
12:38:05 T:9732 NOTICE: Running database version ViewModes6
12:38:05 T:9732 NOTICE: Running database version Textures13
12:38:05 T:9732 NOTICE: Running database version MyMusic52
12:38:05 T:9732 NOTICE: Attempting to update the database MyVideos92 from version 90 to 92
12:38:05 T:9732 DEBUG: Mysql Start transaction
12:38:05 T:9732 ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
Query: SELECT TRIM(strActor) as strActor FROM actors GROUP BY TRIM(strActor) HAVING COUNT(1) > 1
12:38:05 T:9732 ERROR: Exception updating database MyVideos92 from version 90 to 92
12:38:05 T:9732 ERROR: Error updating database MyVideos92 from version 90 to 92
12:38:05 T:9732 DEBUG: Mysql rollback transaction
12:38:06 T:9732 NOTICE: Old database found - updating from version 91 to 92
12:38:06 T:9732 ERROR: SQL: Can't create database for copy: 'MyVideos91' (1007)
12:38:06 T:9732 ERROR: Unable to copy old database MyVideos91 to new version MyVideos92
12:38:06 T:9732 NOTICE: Running database version TV29
12:38:06 T:9732 NOTICE: Running database version Epg10
12:38:06 T:9732 DEBUG: CDatabaseManager::Initialize, updating databases... DONE
15 should have upgraded the database to new versions. 14.2 would load the old versions. Check the mysql location and see what databases you have.
Hi,
with phpmyadmin I can see the following tables:

cdcol
information_schema
mymusic46
mymusic48
mymusic49
mymusic52
mysql
myvideos78
myvideos90
myvideos91
myvideos92
performance_schema
phpmyadmin
webauth

I didn´t do much with 15.0, so it´s not a problem for me to lose changes made there. Actually all PCs really using kodi have been on 14.2 all the time. I just experiment with 15.0 on one PC to see if I can get it to run (which I couldn´t so far).

Perhaps you can tell me what to do to remove all traces of 15.0 in my database and try an upgrade again?
I would suggest you drop your v92 and v91 databases, and go back to whatever version of Kodi you were last using successfully.

Wait until there is a fix for the v90 to v92 db migration issue (assuming you've got the same problem, which is one or more stupidly long duplicate actor values - see PR7048 and this thread for details).

Querying your v90 db with:
Code:
select strActor from MyVideos90.actors where length(strActor)>=255 group by substring(strActor,1,255) having count(*)>1
would confirm the problem - if any rows are returned, it's the problem being discussed in PR7048.

A debug log of the initial v90 to v92 migration would give a good indication it's the same problem (most likely "Error Code: 1062. Duplicate entry '' for key 'ix_actor_1'").

It could also be a problem nobody has seen before, in which case uploading a complete debug log when your v90 db is upgraded would be a good idea in any case.
Thank you so far.
I renamed myvideo91 an 92 to some other name with phpmyadmin successfully. Kodi 14.2 runs still with no problems after that.
The query you asked me to do results in "MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows)."

So it looks like I´m having my own problem here? How can I create that debug log you are asking for?
Turn on debugging in Settings and perform the upgrade again.

debug log (wiki)
Hi,
didn´t have much time the last two days. So here are my results:
- when doing the database upgrade from 90 to 92 again while debug logging is activated I can confirm that error with 1062. The database upgrade is not working.
- you can have a look at my kodi.log here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6b592pj097oda...gOH-a?dl=0

So I will be patiently waiting for the next version of Isengard?

thx!
(2015-05-07, 17:59)fugazi001 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
didn´t have much time the last two days. So here are my results:
- when doing the database upgrade from 90 to 92 again while debug logging is activated I can confirm that error with 1062. The database upgrade is not working.
- you can have a look at my kodi.log here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6b592pj097oda...gOH-a?dl=0

So I will be patiently waiting for the next version of Isengard?

thx!

I've not seen your precise error before, so there's no pending fix that I'm aware of.

It's another duplicate row, this time in the country table...
Code:
17:40:45 T:6416   DEBUG: Mysql execute: CREATE UNIQUE INDEX ix_country_1 ON country (name(255))
17:40:45 T:6416   ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1062)
                                            Query: CREATE UNIQUE INDEX ix_country_1 ON country (name(255))

You'll need to perform some analysis of your MyVideos90.country table, starting with:
Code:
select strCountry from MyVideos90.country group by strCountry having count(*) > 1
Somehow you've managed to get the same country in the table more than once...
So it appears the issue is with the current database file. Once that is cleaned up, the upgrade will probably go smoothly.
Hi,
I´ve had a look at the myvideos90.country table. There was a duplicate entry for USA. By sorting the table that was easy to find.
the sql-code select strCountry from MyVideos90.country group by strCountry having count(*) > 1 did not show anything, though.

After deleting that duplicate entry the update ran smoothly now!

Thank you all!
(2015-05-10, 09:56)fugazi001 Wrote: [ -> ]I´ve had a look at the myvideos90.country table. There was a duplicate entry for USA. By sorting the table that was easy to find.
the sql-code select strCountry from MyVideos90.country group by strCountry having count(*) > 1 did not show anything, though.

It might have had a leading or trailing space... tricky things these "duplicates".
I'm seeing this. Really frustrating and don't know what to do. Would happily remove the MYSQL video database and start again, but not sure how to do that:
10:00:09 T:7892 NOTICE: Attempting to update the database MyVideos93 from version 90 to 93
10:00:09 T:7892 DEBUG: Mysql Start transaction
10:00:09 T:7892 DEBUG: Mysql execute: CREATE TABLE actor_link(actor_id INT, media_id INT, media_type TEXT, role TEXT, cast_order INT) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci
10:00:09 T:7892 ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1050)
Query: CREATE TABLE actor_link(actor_id INT, media_id INT, media_type TEXT, role TEXT, cast_order INT) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci
10:00:09 T:7892 ERROR: Exception updating database MyVideos93 from version 90 to 93
10:00:09 T:7892 ERROR: Error updating database MyVideos93 from version 90 to 93
Pages: 1 2