Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multi-Part TV Show Episodes / Continuous Playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I'm running Kodi 14.2 on Windows 7 Pro, connected to my Synology NAS via Samba and a MariaDB (MySQL) database, running on the same NAS.

I am referring to this link: http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/Movies

Apparently, it is possible to tell Kodi, that a video consists of two files but should be treated as one movie. How would I do the same for TV shows? I have tried this:

001x007 Episode 7-pt1.mp4
001x007 Episode 7-pt2.mp4

For Kodi, this are two distinct episodes, both called Episode 7. How would I tell Kodi, that both files together should be treated as "001x007 Episode 7.mp4"? Also, how do I make Kodi play the next part / the next episode automatically?

I have enabled "Settings -> Videos -> Playback Play the next video automatically" as well as "Settings -> Videos -> File lists -> Combine split video items", but apparently that does not work for TV shows.

Am I missing something?

Thanks, Anno
I don't believe file stacking was ever added for TV episodes. Just movies at the moment.
Seems like it. So I'll rise a feature-request, right?

Where would be the best place to do that?
Just mux them together with mkvmerge. Really - two parts for one TV episode? Why?
Thanks, Ned.

Nickr, I already did this for a couple of tv shows. Here, I didn't want to go through the hassle because the quality of the videos isn't that great to start with (need to convert it to mkv first). But I agree, it's probably the quickest thing to do and also makes the handling easier in the long run.
You won't lose any quality as it is just a remux.