Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to deal with multiple copies of media stored on diffrent places on the NAS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I live with family and they have a library of movies stored on a NAS. Problem is that the owner of these movies wants to have multiple copies of some movies in multiple places. An example would be that if he has an animated SCI FI movie, he has one copy of it in the animation directory, and another in the SCIFI directory. How he stores his movies is not negotiable so answers about just deleting the second copy are not helpful.

Is there any way to deal with this in my KODI library so that I do not see multiple copies of the same movie? I am using openelec both on PC's and on RP2.
If the movies are in individual folders then you can exclude a specific folder from being scanned in. See Set content (wiki). Other than that, I'm not sure.
movie files are not in separate folders, so that doesn't work.

I have been looking to see if using an NFO file with one of the copies can be used to exclude it from the library, but I haven't found a solution.