Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Run Kodi from Apple remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, New to mac mini and i have the apple remote, it works fine within the kodi but i was wondering if when i wake up the mac i can use the remote to start Kodi, is this possible ?

tnx
Normally, yes, but sometimes Mac OS X tries to steal focus of the remote or something along those lines. There should be a bunch of remote-specific notes on the Mac FAQ (wiki), including which setting to use to start Kodi from the Apple remote.
thanks, i didn't know that i can do it from the settings Smile

2.2 Starting Kodi with the Apple Remote
Link
The Apple Remote can be set to start Kodi instead of Front Row or iTunes.
Go to Settings -> System -> Input devices and select "Allow start of Kodi using the remote".

i will try it tonight

tnx
yeah, it doesn't work. i click on play and nothing happens. anyway, i will live without it Smile
Very possible that it just doesn't work for you, Candelair often does the trick in these cases.

However, I think the default behaviour is that Kodi starts upon clicking "menu", not "play", so maybe try this as a first step!
It interfere with eye TV as well and I cannot longer put Mac to sleep with holding the play button. Anyway thank you all