Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Fire TV Stick video quality issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I'm having some issues with the video playback on my Amazon Fire TV Stick. Namely there seems to be a lot of artifacts and oversaturation (mostly pink).
Was wondering what I would need to do to help fix this?

Running Kodi 14.2 Helix
AFTV is updated to 54.1.1.x

I've tried disabling combination of libstagefright / MediaCodec to no avail.
Note: When I set the acceleration to software only it fixes the problem, but the video lags so much it becomes unwatchable.

I've tried looking in this thread but it seems the 54.1.0.x update fixed it for most users there, but clearly isn't working for me.

Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!
Are you trying to play 10bit h264 (Anime, I guess?)
If so, those are not supported.
Ah, that might be it. I'll need to test with some other files to make sure. Will update when I'm done.

Are there plans for support in the near future or an alternative way to play these files? Thanks.
It's simply not possible on a Fire TV stick. The hardware decoder will show artifacts and the CPU is too slow for software decode of Hi10P.
(2015-05-09, 00:14)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]It's simply not possible on a Fire TV stick. The hardware decoder will show artifacts and the CPU is too slow for software decode of Hi10P.
Ouch, and dang. Do you happen to know off the top of your head if another streaming stick/device would work? Chromecast or Raspberry Pi, perhaps?
None of the sticks. Get a Chromebox (wiki).