Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Scrapes "Video_TS" When Using Folder Stacking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,
I hope someone can help me with this issues:
Kodi 14.2 and 15 beta 1.

Settings -> Library -> File Lists -> Combine Split Video Items = Enabled

I have a root folder that I have added as a video source. Content type is Movie, using the default scraper The Movie Database or Universal Movie Scraper (result is the same for either.) (Enabled are "Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title" and "Selected folder contains a single video.")

Within the root folder are several multi-part video_ts style folders, which have been appended with "dvd1," "dvd2," etc. For example, "C:\Movies\The Kodi Monster Strikes Again dvd1\video_ts\video_ts.ifo" and "C:\Movies\The Kodi Monster Strikes Again dvd2\video_ts\video_ts.ifo"

When Kodi scrapes these folders, video_ts is the term that is sought. This produces multiple erroneous library entries for "Video," which are not stacked.

I would really appreciate a solution to this problem. I even tried adding the folderstacking setting to advancedsettings.xml, but received the same result.

Thank you!
Bump.
Why did you check "Selected folder contains a single video". If your root folder is Movies in your example then you should uncheck that option
(2015-05-14, 14:29)kyungrak Wrote: [ -> ]Why did you check "Selected folder contains a single video". If your root folder is Movies in your example then you should uncheck that option

Thank you for your response. By disabling "Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title" and "Selected folder contains a single video" and enabling "Scan Recursively," I experience the same issue. Folders appended with dvd# or disc# are scraped as VIDEO_TS, which is the title of the IFO and intermediate folder.
Tried with just "Movies are in separate folders" option checked?
(2015-05-17, 08:51)mkortstiege Wrote: [ -> ]Tried with just "Movies are in separate folders" option checked?

Thank you for the response mkortstiege. Yes, I have. All single-part rootmoviefolder\moviename\video_ts\ folders scrape normally. Multi-folder movies appended with "dvd1" or "dvd2" (e.g. rootmoviefolder\moviename dvd1\video_ts\) scrape as video_ts. Sad
Could you please enable debug logging, reproduce the issue and pastebin the entire log so we can check? Thanks.
(2015-05-20, 11:07)mkortstiege Wrote: [ -> ]Could you please enable debug logging, reproduce the issue and pastebin the entire log so we can check? Thanks.

Thank you again for your responsiveness. Attached is a copy of my debug log with only "Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title" enabled. All other scraper options are unchecked. I created three folders to be scraped within C:\Movie\DVD\, "McLintock", "McLintock dvd1", and "McLintock dvd2". All three have identical VIDEO_TS contents. As you can see from the log, "McLintock" is only scraped once and associates correctly. The other two folders with multi-part naming are scraped multiple times for "Video" and are not correctly associated with the movie.

http://pastebin.com/d7Ljq4jA
Any thoughts?
Submitted a Bug report. (http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16012) Still no luck. I'd really appreciate some help here.
I'm of no help whatsoever but I'm keen to hear the solution. This exactly describes the problem I'm having with Kodi 15.0, meaning it spans two final releases and one RC.

Not only can't I stack multi disc DVDs that are in VIDEO_TS folder structure, but even appending "disc1" or "dvd1" to any movie-name folder will break it and result in a "video" scrape rather than a "movie-name" scrape. A second associated folder "movie-name disc2" isn't required for it to scrape the wrong data. If I remove "disc1" from the folder name then it immediately works correctly again.

And yes, I've also tried all of the OPs troubleshooting and all the followup suggestions.

More than anything I just want the OP to know that he's not alone. For now I've simply set aside all my disc2 folders so they don't bugger up my library. Hardly the point of having the content. Confused
Ditto same problem with 15.1. Driving me nuts... I added an explicit folderstacking regex to advancedsettings.xml to see if that would help, no joy. It appears that folderstacking isn't being applied at all.
I am having the same issue, has anyone else had any luck coming up with a solution?

I thought I was doing something wrong when the folder stacking was added to the advancedsettings file and it did nothing.

I was even using the lord of the ring fellowship movie, same as the example, and it failed.... found each as video 50 in the library. Instead of stacking the movies into one with the correct title.
If I understand correctly, this problem is still there. I'm trying to scrape "Motörhead - Stage Fright" and Universal Scraper/TheMovieDB both look for something like VIDEO_TS so they find a movie named "Video Clip".
Has anyone found a workaround?
The problem has persisted into Kodi 15.2 from my experience.
I ended up transcoding my affected titles to mkv. Kodi then uses file stacking instead of folder stacking.
Structure now...
\Movie title\Movie title [Disc 1].mkv
\Movie title\Movie title [Disc 2].mkv
This works for movies that span discs like the Green Mile.

For extra content discs I started using Video Extras add-on but it seems to be broken at the moment. It worked well for a while but I've invested no effort into finding a fix yet. I simply may have done something dumb to break it.

Cheers
DG
Pages: 1 2