Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AddOn update problem in Isengard 15.0b?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just updated my Pi1 B+ from OpenElec 5.0.8 to 5.95.1, and there now seems to be some problems with AddOn updating. It's telling me that there are updates available for Amber and the unofficial repo, but if I try to do them individually it does nothing, and if I try the "update all" option then Kodi crashes.

I had this occur twice, (crashlogs here and here), then gave up.

I guess it maybe something in the addon setup, although removing and reinstalling Amber via zip file download from Github worked fine. I've uninstalled the unofficial repo too - can anyone point me to a URL to download the zip file for that to put it back at the current version please?

Wanted to see if this is a known issue or something new. I can understand that Isengard is in beta and so may have some addon compatibility glitches, but from the user viewpoint it shouldn't be crashing.
Geez, why would anyone disable gdb in a beta... Sad

Unfortunately the "crashlogs" are useless in official releases as there is no stack information. Maybe a nightly will be more useful.
Thanks Milhouse - I had a quick look at those logs myself and didn't see anything but thought it worth posting them anyway as I'm no expert on this.

As to the nightly, at the moment this beta seems to generally work aside from the addon point (and specifically there on the Pi, my Windows 7 machine on the beta is updating addons fine). So I can live with the problem for now, but thought it worth raising here so that people are aware of it early on (and to see if anyone else is seeing something like this, or if it's just my Pi).