Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Most reliable PVR TV Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

So I've been using mediaportal tv server with Kodi for the past few months. I'm fairly new to Kodi but I like how reliable and stable it all is. I have been able to setup Kodi around my house and it's pretty good.

One thing I am getting a bit fustrated with is Mediaportal TV server. I've used Mediaportal TV server for a while and got familiar with it, and like how advanced it is... But this is my problem... It ain't reliable enough. I keep getting glitches and problems with it, so... I'm wondering what you guys recommend as the best TV server for PVR support in Kodi? I want reliability. I want to be able to setup my channel list, logos, genre colours...etc and it to just work...! Recording tv is a must and series linking tv shows would be good!

Any suggestions?
If you're on windows, you should give Argus TV a go.
been using dvblink server for quite some time now, nice and stable, at least when used by a wmc client.
started testing with kodi, but kodi (as a client) has it's own issues, none sofar on the dvblnk backend.
Under windows WMC cannot be beat. And last I checked, pvr.wmc addon had the best/most features like genre colors, series record that a lot of others lack.
Argus has great scheduling I reckon, it's very clever. Nice web ui for this, and very very very stable across several years now. The Argus PVR addon for kodi looks like it is getting scheduling etc as well soon, but to be honest this I find better to do on my phone etc anyway.

WMC is officially a dead product, so I'd personally vote Argus which is alive and well going forward...
NextPVR addon also has channel icons, genre coloring, series recordings etc.
I think most backends are similarly stable once you get them all configured.
I could suggest you dvblink with digital devices max8 tuner card, runs very stable on windows 2012 r2.
Kodi running 15 night build on windows 8.1