Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Moving From WMC7 - modding the Interface actions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

I am not sure I am posting this question in the correct section I am not sure if it should be in the skinning section.
I am trying my best to move my family away from Windows Media Centre to Kodi, but I am finding it a struggle,to convince them mainly due to the fact that live tv is very nicely incorporated in WMC and its very user friendly interface albeit a bit dated

One of the issues I am finding they don't particularly like and I am hoping to solve is when you click on for example the music button is first takes you to a directory listing / music add on / add music page. You then have to navigate to your music library. Is there anyway to mod the interface so it will go directly to the music library missing out this page?

I realize that if you are at the library page and if you go directly back to the home page without pressing the back button once the music menu is pressed again with will return to the music library page, but my family insist on pressing the back button on the remote to return to the home menu therefore this doesn't happen.

I hope this makes sense.

Cheers
Just remove WMC and force the situation LOL.
I guess that would be one way Big Grin its trying to prise my daughter away from her Xbox 360 which she uses as an extender, will be the hard bit.

I will just need to buy her a Raspberry Pi
I am sure there are skins that allow more control of what you go to by default. Confluence (the default) is rock solid, but a little inflexible.