Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MX Player - Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good day,

i have a minix neox8 h plus connected to an AR with spdif . If i play a test dolby file with mx player i ear sound on every speaker; my AR decode correctly dolby sound. Same file with MBXC for minix or latest Kodi it is downmixed on stereo. i have attached my settings.

http://postimg.org/image/rqh1yts6d/

With only passtrough selected audio is downmixed to stereo. if i select "receiver comp. with ac3" and enable doldby digital decode i can't ear any sound.. it is very strange , MX player (i haven't installed any coded or tricks) works fine .. xbmc or kodi give me only stereo sound

tanks for support
I think you need to use SPMC (wiki) for passthrough on MiniX boxes (I'm not entirely sure on that).

SPMC is a version of Kodi that was made by one of the Kodi devs to test and add various special settings. I believe one of those settings include proper passthrough support for MiniX/Rockship devices. I'm not sure if official Kodi builds will get those features in the future, but SPMC is pretty much the same thing and is from a trusted developer.
Thanks for suggestion

I will try soon )
I've tried but same result.. Ufff
I am little bit curios about this possibility. Did you try to go to device Settings, Sounds and look what Sound manager is selected there. In newer ROMs, you can find passtrough there. With device Settings, I do not mean XBCM or SPMC settings, just ordinary Android settings we all have.

If you can not find passtrhough option in device Settings/Sound then you probably need newer ROM with better sound implementation.
on minix option i've selected spdif passthrough... anyway i didn't look inside settings option

thanks , i will take a look
I think you can find it in Settings, Advanced, Digital Audio output, maybe you need to select SPDIF Passthrough or HDMI Passtrhough in there to have real surround sound from your device.
Good evening, digital output is set on spdif (inside minix optio) and it is connected on a creative inspire 5.1.. It always worked fine and decode dolby stream with my old WDTV ... now minix give me only stereo sound. Strange thing is that if i play a test file with MX Player (without any codec) it give me 5.1 sound. same file with XBMC or Kodi give me only stereo sound(((