Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 0xc000007c
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can`t start kodi.
have a 14.2 helix version, running on Win 8.1, newest drivers and DirectX 11
worked fine till today
tried to reinstall (deleted old files), no results
getting same message " The application was unable to start corectly (0xc000007c)...."
Suggestion?
You probably didn't delete the user files in the roaming directory. C:\Users\your_name\AppData\Roaming
Done that, problem not solved....
Ideas?
deleting

C:\Users\your_name\AppData\Roaming
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi

puts you back to the virgin point. might you have something plugged in, Joystick or CD in the drive? If not then might be one of the updates in the driver O/S
Deleted both folders, checked registry files, no anything plugged in...
new drivers for sound and graphic, latest updates for OS, latest DirectX 11.2...
only thing that crossed my mind is that may be a few corrupted dll files after unsuccesfull instalation of some kind of video game...
thx for ur effort, mate...
supported hardware (wiki)

If you had it working on that hardware previously, then outside of all the NEW stuff, it's probably some software library stomping on your jewels.
Basically, I must wipe all, new OS, and then will be working...
Despicable....
That's one hell of a bad assumption.
When reinstalling Kodi do you keep all the default options ticked in the Installer?
(2015-05-18, 01:34)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]That's one hell of a bad assumption.
Why?
Like i said few posts up, everything worked smoothly, after unssucessful try to make stupid game work, I get message that Kodi was unable to start...
I do everything, except wiping HD and reinstalling new OS....
(2015-05-18, 02:07)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]When reinstalling Kodi do you keep all the default options ticked in the Installer?

Yes
I'm saying that you shouldn't assume that you need to wipe your HD just because you haven't found a solution yet.
If you're running MySQL, make sure your server is running and connected to the internet. My server is about 30ft away and has wifi traveling through 3-4 walls that sometimes causes it's connection to drop out; rendering my clients useless. Error messages are almost always something small that we just aren't paying attention to.
(2015-05-19, 04:54)RamboUnchained Wrote: [ -> ]If you're running MySQL, make sure your server is running and connected to the internet. My server is about 30ft away and has wifi traveling through 3-4 walls that sometimes causes it's connection to drop out; rendering my clients useless. Error messages are almost always something small that we just aren't paying attention to.

Connected to inetrenet via cable modem and UTP RJ-45 cable, have a stabile connection 40/2,5 Mb/s...
No ideas?
Anyone?
Sad
Pages: 1 2