Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Enable Library View modes in non Library mode (Aeon Nox)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I started working on my first Kodi addon (I finally broke the seal of starting Kodi development Wink). I have been searching for more then a day and eventually I will work it out, but I want to continue focusing on my addon development before I will deep dive in skin development.

When I use for example Spotlight and have an album list I could only select the default views like list and wall.

If I enable Library mode via the Music navigation side bar and then go to the add-ons menu item in the library section and then go to Spotlight all the views available like (biglist, infowall), etc.. (I understand some views are 'broken').

I would really appreciate if somebody could point me to:
- The skin XML setting where you could configure the available views for the view modes (Library or non Library)
- I know you can force view mode by using 'Container.SetViewMode' in an addon, but then the view mode will only be used when in Library mode. Is there a way to make this Library view modes working from an addon when not being in Library mode? I think I have to solve this with my above question, but who knows?)

Thanks in advance!
for music addons, there's nothing you can do.
it's up to the skin which views are available in filemode and which ones in library mode.

for video addons, it's a different story. here views will be enabled based on the content the addon provides.
in this case, plugins use xbmcplugin.setContent(): http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs...setContent
(2015-05-16, 15:14)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]for music addons, there's nothing you can do.
it's up to the skin which views are available in filemode and which ones in library mode.

Thanks for your fast reply! I don't mind to hack the skin for my purpose, and that's what I tried to do, but without success so far.

What I am looking for is where to configure in a skin (xml source) which views are available in which mode.
To answer my own question:
Views availability and modes could be configured in: 1080i/custom_1130_Views.xml (for Aeon Nox Silvo).

BTW: xbmcplugin.SetContent() works fine with music add ons, if the selected view is available in current viewing mode.