Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Shared Library Issue - Hanging on Startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I use Kodi on a few devices at home and therefore I have a shared library setup, with all machines using the 'advancedsettings.xml' file.

I have one issue with this - I use Kodi on my Macbook and I'm often out and about and I use Kodi to watch Live telly through various addons. Obviously I don't need any access to my shared library when out and about however when I launch Kodi if I'm not on my home network, it will hang as it's obviously looking for my shared library server. The only workaround I have found is to temporarily move the .xml file into another location when I'm out, and move it back when I'm home.

I was hoping that setting up a new profile within Kodi would have fixed this but it seems that it starts looking for the shared library prior to the profile selection screen.

Can anyone assist? Thanks in advance.
The profile that uses MySQL must be the secondary profile. Your "portable mode" will then be the default profile. You should be able to copy your userdata files and folders to the profile-specific data folder, so that you don't have to start over.
Ahhh nice one - I'll give this a try!