Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [split] YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-05-15, 18:53)bromix Wrote: [ -> ]Version 5.1.2 (2015-05-15)
ADD: ask for video quality (optional)

You may have just opened up the way for quality selections in this.
(2015-05-17, 14:54)cambax Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-15, 18:53)bromix Wrote: [ -> ]Version 5.1.2 (2015-05-15)
ADD: ask for video quality (optional)

You may have just opened up the way for quality selections in this.

Won't help and has nothing to with it....DASH is a complete different story....you need 2 streams instead of one. Also I don't read the adaptive streams.
(2015-05-17, 14:56)bromix Wrote: [ -> ]Won't help and has nothing to with it....DASH is a complete different story....you need 2 streams instead of one. Also I don't read the adaptive streams.

The support for reading the manifests already exists, as does the support for playing an audio track not present in the video track (to a degree.) Eventually I hope to see the two combined with your addon and included in a menu like this. If you're uninterested, feel free to post on the linked thread so no one wastes their time.
(2015-05-17, 15:00)cambax Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-17, 14:56)bromix Wrote: [ -> ]Won't help and has nothing to with it....DASH is a complete different story....you need 2 streams instead of one. Also I don't read the adaptive streams.

The support for reading the manifests already exists, as does the support for playing an audio track not present in the video track (to a degree.) Eventually I hope to see the two combined with your addon and included in a menu like this. If you're uninterested, feel free to post on the linked thread so no one wastes their time.

Again...the addon doesn't do the muxxing of streams. An addon only provides the content (in this case the url of the streams). But I already know the other thread and it tells the same story Wink
(2015-05-17, 15:07)bromix Wrote: [ -> ]Again...the addon doesn't do the muxxing of streams. An addon only provides the content (in this case the url of the streams). But I already know the other thread and it tells the same story Wink

You don't seem to understand the thread as much as you think. You already get video URLs from YouTube and pass them to Kodi. What I'm suggesting is that you be open to incorporating otherwise useless work that has been done to list video and audio URLs from a DASH manifest (this would need to be done in Python and would be best done by people experienced with a single service provider as everyone uses their own implementation) and get two (a video and an audio) to pass to Kodi instead of just one.

Nowhere are you being expected to modify the media. Just parse XML (using existing code), offer the user a selection menu (or defaults), and pass two (instead of one) URLs to a Kodi installation which supports playing separate video and audio files at the same time (which exists.) This is the story the thread tells.

EDIT: Of course this would be very much a prototype. But its a request that's existed for literally years with everyone saying its too much work or its someone else's job. Its not one person's job since there are multiple parts to the solution- and a lost of work has already been done.
(2015-05-17, 15:23)cambax Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-17, 15:07)bromix Wrote: [ -> ]Again...the addon doesn't do the muxxing of streams. An addon only provides the content (in this case the url of the streams). But I already know the other thread and it tells the same story Wink

You don't seem to understand the thread as much as you think. You already get video URLs from YouTube and pass them to Kodi. What I'm suggesting is that you be open to incorporating otherwise useless work that has been done to list video and audio URLs from a DASH manifest (this would need to be done in Python and would be best done by people experienced with a single service provider as everyone uses their own implementation) and get two (a video and an audio) to pass to Kodi instead of just one.

Nowhere are you being expected to modify the media. Just parse XML (using existing code), offer the user a selection menu (or defaults), and pass two (instead of one) URLs to a Kodi installation which supports playing separate video and audio files at the same time (which exists.) This is the story the thread tells

Oh I sure do Wink please don't think less of me. If you know all such things please help us developers and commit some code, patches...anything...but stop being a smart guy. Don't yell at us...do something, provide results, proof of concepts and don't be a keyboard-samurai Smile
Try to read the code of the addon...you will see I don't read any kind of a XML....nothing similar. It's an ITAG-System developed by Google. The standard for manifest looks totally different. I can get the whole streams (like you said), but please stop to assume how things work in the addon...I think I know best Wink
I looked forward to your participation and felt you could be a driving force behind some cool features (both directly and indirectly related to your addon.) It's unfortunate that you chose to provide wit instead.

Best of luck on your continued work on the addon.
it should be possible to play DASH videos using a proxy like the veetle, f4m or livestreamer add-ons do for custom Akamai & Adobe streaming protocols
Stop asking the add-on authors about DASH support. The next user who does so is asking for a week long ban, and we will work up from there.
(2015-05-17, 23:08)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Stop asking the add-on authors about DASH support. The next user who does so is asking for a week long ban, and we will work up from there.

Productivity at its finest. Ban away, there's nothing left for me here.