Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [SOLVED] Kodi keeps creating dir
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My kodi installation keeps creating a dir called TV/Record.

Now i've searched and searched and I can't find anywhere in kodi to disable or even change this dir?

I can delete the folders but then it just gets created again next time I launch it.

Any suggestions what could be creating this?
Debug log (wiki)
Sounds like a PVR thing to me...but yes...let's look into the logfile
Will post one as soon as I'm home chaps.
Please see link below to debug log.

http://xbmclogs.com/prvjiadqc

Had a quick look myself and can't see anything.

Delete the folder as well to see if the logs stated it as missing or needing creating but can't find anything.
Code:
16:34:16 T:4110296832    INFO: recording folder:
16:34:16 T:4110296832    INFO: screenshots folder:

I see nothing in there, in fact all I see is your system contains questionable addons who may very well affect undesired behaviours.

Your guisettings.xml may shed more light on this.
Try removing superrepo and all banned addons (http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons) as those might cause issues.

And you are still on Kodi 14.0...14.2 is stable. Maybe your Ubuntu version needs an update, too as your Kernel is a bit outdated as well.

When you have removed superrepo and all the critical add-ons, try to reproduce your issue and grab a new Debug Log
The only thing I can see in guisettings is <recordingpath default="true"></recordingpath> which i've tried removing but it just shows back in.

I have removed superrepo from what I can see and also a few add ons.

I'm on 14.0 and with regards to Ubuntu it's probabaly because kodi is running on my QNAP NAS so I have to wait for kodi to packaged by them etc.

Fresh Debug: http://xbmclogs.com/puokm1oc8
Ah...I missed that point, that it is a NAS you are running Kodi on

So if it is a issue in general. I think you have to wait until QNAP provides a new version. Don't know if you can update your Kodi in the normal linux way with

Code:
sudo apt-get update $$ sudo apt-get upgrade

But for a test, I would remove all PVR related addons, that are installed...

Quote:18:50:14 T:4110485248 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in xbmc.pvr has been installed.'

18:50:14 T:4110485248 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in pvr.hts has been installed.'

as the "TV/Record" folder still seems to be PVR related to me. And if you don't need/use PVR and Live TV you can remove or disable those add-ons.

If you wanna give it a shot, you can also change the entry at guisettings.xml to:

Code:
<recordingpath default="false"></recordingpath>

If you delete the guisettings.xml it will be created at every boot. So I would change the setting and see, if that helps.
I can't find anywhere to delete those 2 add ons, checked both my add ons folders and there is no pvrs in them.

I also changed the gui settings to false but after i booted kodi up and checked it had changed back to true.
Ok must be something to do with the package provided by QNAP.

Just removed and fresh installed both HD Station and Kodi and it's still creating the dir.
They should be mentioned under:

system settings->addons->PVR

maybe under "disabled" add-ons...but then they are already disabled. You could uninstall them, if they are there to be sure.

Be aware, you set your settings level to 'expert'

If they aren't there, then I can't help you any further. you could purge them via command line, if this is able on the NAS. But as I don't know how to handle your NAS in that way, I wouldn't recommend that, as I don't know if this might cause issues as well.

And if nothing else works....does this folder hurt in any way? Wink

If not, I would keep it and won't bother deleting it Wink
No it doesn't hurt but drives my OCD crazy haha.
For anybody whose interested this was in my kodi.sh startup script. Commented it out and everything is working perfectly fine.

Code:
[ ! -d $MULTIMEDIA_PATH/TV ] && mkdir $MULTIMEDIA_PATH/TV && mkdir $MULTIMEDIA_PATH/TV/Record
[ ! -d $MULTIMEDIA_PATH/TV/Record ] && $MULTIMEDIA_PATH/TV/Record
A yes, PEBCAK then, good find.

Please mark thread as solved by full editing main post.
Pages: 1 2